close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ranges around Seymour Johnson AFB or Goldsboro area?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by USMC03Grunt, Apr 25, 2007.

1. USMC03Grunt

USMC03Grunt

There's a chance the wife and I will be transfering to Seymour Johnson AFB. Anybody know what shooting ranges are around the area? Thanks

2. jcshelto

jcshelto

Actually, there is a range less than ten minutes from SJ AFB. It is called "Eastern N.C. Shooter's Club." It is a pretty nice outdoor range, and they are adding a lot of new stuff. I try and go a couple times a month.

-Julian

3. point4zero

point4zero Member

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=695022

It would probably take you less than 5 minutes to get there from SJAFB. You would even get a military discount on top of their already great prices.

4. Glockster35

Glockster35 Silvrst8hlstr

The webiste doesn't mention prices, any idea what the breakdow is? I am military if that helps!

5. point4zero

point4zero Member

I won't try to quote the exact prices because I may get them wrong, but use the contact info on the site and call Ken. He's a really nice guy. I assure you, the prices are awesome!!! For example, most ranges have an hourly fee of about $10/hr. I think Ken has a monthly plan of $25 per month. Again, don't quote me on that.

I plan on being out there later today.

6. leper65

leper65 Gun Nut

I paid $100 back in January to renew, and that was with me being retired AF. I believe that was going up slightly. To keep the prices down he requires you buy ammo from him (handgun only I think) and his prices are good on it. Some of it is cheaper than Walmart, some a hair more. If you load/reload your own, I believe it's an additional $75 a year.

Ken is a great guy as are all the guys that work there. I don't get there enough!