Glock Talk banner

Ranger School should I do it?

2937 Views 24 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  vafish
I always wanted to go but i am just so burnt out with the military, I dont know what it is but tradoc just has drained every bit of drive I have.

Plus the thought of being away for another 3 months (at a minimum) and then coming back home and getting deployed again just isn't that apealing.

I still am lacking a civilian job partly because of being in the guard and not having much time to find anything.

I dont know, I just feel like there is too much stuff waiting on me back home.

am I just being a coward?
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
516 Posts
I know this is an old thread, started in 2007, but for anyone in the same boat, I'll give you a little advice. Not only am I a graduate of Ranger School, but I was also a Ranger Instructor in Ranger School. Ranger School is the kind of school, that if you don't want it 210%, you won't make it. You have to want it so bad it hurts. I was also a Drill Sergeant for 2 years. As a Drill Sergeant you tear people down to build them back up. In Ranger School, they will tear you down, and then tear you down some more, and then some more, etc.... There is no building back up, they want to see how much you can take and keep going, so if you're on the fence, dont go, pick another school that will help you progress in your Military Career, but not destroy your body during the process. The rebuilding process takes about 3 months for a young, healthy individual, longer for those who are not as young. RLTW

· Registered
335 Posts
I always wanted to go but i am just so burnt out with the military, I dont know what it is but tradoc just has drained every bit of drive I have.

Plus the thought of being away for another 3 months (at a minimum) and then coming back home and getting deployed again just isn't that apealing.

I still am lacking a civilian job partly because of being in the guard and not having much time to find anything.

I dont know, I just feel like there is too much stuff waiting on me back home.

am I just being a coward?

If you even have to ask, the answer is most assuredly: NO.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.