Glock Talk banner

Ranger School Graduates ..

12788 Views 105 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  BRabbit
what did you do to prepare? (PT/"Ranger stakes"/etc).

Did your unit have a pre-Ranger course or did you train on your own time?

what kind of PT did you do in the train-up??

thanks in advance,

Mark P.
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
Squad Military camouflage Military uniform Military person Marines

I realize this is an old thread, but I thought I'd comment anyway, since someone else already reopened it. Lol The secret to completing Ranger school or any selection program out there, is "DON'T QUIT! ". I don't care how much it sucks, how tired or hungry you are, "DON'T QUIT"! It's as hard and as simple as that. Graduated class 8-82, I'm in the second row from the bottom, second from the right. Went through Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP) on Ft Lewis in the fall of 1980, assigned to Wpns Squad, 1st Plt, C Company, 2nd Ranger Battalion. Went through Pre-Ranger on Ft Lewis the end of 1981. Started with class 7-82 in the spring of 82, graduated with class 8-82. Yeah I got recycled on patrols during Mountain Phase, Camp Merril, in Dahlonega, GA, but my tab still says RANGER. LOL When I retired from the Army I was a Ranger Instructor and the one thing I noticed, both as a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment and as a Ranger Instructor, it's not always the strongest or smartest that make it through, it the ones who refuse to quit. Never, ever quit!

· Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 994842
I realize this is an old thread, but I thought I'd comment anyway, since someone else already reopened it. Lol The secret to completing Ranger school or any selection program out there, is "DON'T QUIT! ". I don't care how much it sucks, how tried or hungry you are, "DON'T QUIT"! It's as hard and as simple as that. Graduated class 8-82, I'm in the second row from the bottom, second from the right. Went through Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP) on Ft Lewis in the fall of 1980, assigned to Wpns Squad, 1st Plt, C Company, 2nd Ranger Battalion. Went through Pre-Ranger on Ft Lewis the end of 1981. Started with class 7-82 in the spring of 82, graduated with class 8-82. Yeah I got recycled on patrols during Mountain Phase, Camp Merril, in Dahlonega, GA, but my tab still says RANGER. LOL When I retired from the Army I was a Ranger Instructor and the one thing I noticed, both as a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment and as a Ranger Instructor, it's not always the strongest or smartest that make it through, it the ones who refuse to quit. Never, ever quit!
Amen brother, that is the best advice to all of it. Everyone assumes you have to be Arnold or Rambo but all you have to be is good enough in each thing and dont ever quit, just as you said. I was in class 9-85. We had a chant "Logger Dogger, C....s This Long, Were Class 9, Were Hard and Strong" No very classy as I look back at it but it worked when we were there. Did the RI's make anyone do the possum when you were in city phase?

· Banned
2,136 Posts
wow! you are so tough sounding and smart and scary, i just dont know what to do ! Boy , i tell you i bet the other guys here on this post are real impressed and intimidated by you as well. Maybe we should all just sit down in a little semicircle in front of you , with our little hands under our chins, and listen to you in awe, really. maybe I dreamed D.E.P. , service into the army from high school, and maybe i was never stationed at the 25 th light, the 82nd airborne, or the 1/75 for any length of time, and maybe i didnt go through r.i.p. twice, once at the 1/75 and once at the 25th, and maybe i never went throught the very first class ever of light leaders course, and maybe i really didnt go through Ranger school, and getting all the way to Florida, before i had my left eye hurt very bad , and had to medical out. Your right man, it was one big HUGE dream.....ok, here goes, here is an em i sent to one of your buds back in december, 4 months ago, you still seem to be the only one left who just doenst get it.they dont ever change their minds on anything, I think I started to see the
light go on over his head in his last em to me. But man, you just cant stop
yourself, can you ? you've got one of those a-hole type A personalities
don't you? I told you over and over that I was dyslexic, and everybody
knows that dys people are usually smart, I told you over and over that I
work in electronics down to the board and component level, and I showed you
pics of me as the General's enlisted aide. Dude, no matter how stupid a
general can be, they still try to surround themselves with smart people.
Dont be " that guy". you know , the last angry , uptight, bitter, disturbed
, Loser guy ,that doesn't get it when he is staring at the truth , just
because he has too much pride to change. do you read Sun Tsu? Most of the
terrorists in the middle east carry a copy of it with them where ever they
go. the primary lesson taught in that book is this ," know your enemy", I do
not want to be your enemy but know this, I know this one thing , I'm smarter
than you , and there is nothing you can do about it. As far as physical fear
goes, let me tell you a story. The v.p. of my company is about 6'6" and 300
lbs his name is Chuck Burkhardt and he is very smart and a U.T. grad. Ooooh
check the u.t. alumni to see if he is there! I just took his word when he
told me.( computer science, and bus. admin) He also shares your affliction,
a -hole personality with lack thereof. one day he and I got into it at work,
and I told him, in front of co-workers mind you , in my best southern trash
accent , " ahm tha bess freand you got 'round herea, yo onleahest freand,
now tell me you want me to stop beein yo bes freand? cuz if you relleh ,
relleh, mean it , I will stop beein yo freand !" , At that he got in his
truck and left, it could also be that I told him I would skin part of him
and eat him , while he was looking.
The reason I tell you this story, is simple , I'm not afraid of no one,
I'm not a psychopath nor sociopathic, I'm just not frightened of people, so
please stop bodily threatening me. I will be saving this em as well all over
the net, you know, just in case ,for my legal protection.
The other thing you don't seem to get, is I work for a computer company,A
COMPUTER COMPANY, we have clients nationwide, and internationally, don't you
see, in about one or two days from my office, with one or two guys, who are
way better at this stuff than me , and smarter than me , I might add, can
put posts on newsgroups, international and national news sites, abc, nbc,
cbs, , a.p., upi.,DNC and affiliated liberal groups, do broadcast faxes,
that you cal or kneez or c.airborne, are the btn commander of the P.E.E.P.
PATROL. The acronym stands for , perrennial ,everlasting, ever-vigilant,
poser patrol and you are its' commander for life. That this is such an
important job that you have, it demands U.N. recognition. Imagine all the
liberal groups out there who will love you, because after all , you will be
one of those military guys that they love to show has turned Democrat. Not
only that, but these guys can find out every page you've ever opened
including those bad sites, start your anouncement with a moving avaatar
of yours, it will be seen everywhere! Our company is it's own, authorization
coding, it s own I.P. , its own live real time, real world D.V. systems
integration, everything. In other words , we have the power, you know? Now
look I don't want to do any of this crap, because that is all that it is,
crap, and it is not Godly, but you picked up the hatchet first , now if I
pick it up , I will use the "blunt end" , it hurts more and it never, ever,
wears out. So lets bury the hatchet. Life is too short, and this by now is
just rediculous man, don't you see this by now!? By the way , notice, no
type-os. If you do reallly want to come on down and do something, lets go
to a gun show and then the range, best range you will ever go to .----
Now let us see if we can get back to the origional thread, and actually be useful in our knowledge to someone else.
yes everybody here is right, you've got to work on your endurance, strenght is not a factor here really. i would say that overall, doing high rep stuff, and lots of windsprints are going to help the most. another thought is to try to get pretty flexible.
WTF?????

· Registered
15,943 Posts
it's not always the strongest or smartest that make it through, it the ones who refuse to quit. Never, ever quit!
1. yes.
2. Before asking a question, try to figure out an answer. In this way, you learn . . . you may overlooked some factor . . . you may have not had the right perspective . . . you may not have had enough experience. Whatever. However, you have learned.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.