Glock Talk banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

· Lay Them Waste!
1,615 Posts
Originally posted by rangerruck
wow! you are so tough sounding and smart and scary, i just dont know what to do ! Boy , i tell you i bet the other guys here on this post are real impressed and intimidated by you as well. Maybe we should all just sit down in a little semicircle ...Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla...

OMG. What are you? 13 years old? :laughabove:

*I was never a Ranger - too much of an 'Aviator' ;) - but I sure dropped enough of you guys in the 'LZ' from my UH-60... (I was a crewchief). Every one of you who entered Ranger School, whether you made it through or not, has my respect.

Good luck to the ones going now.

· Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by rangerruck
Let's look at the pictures; one is with the general of the 25th, I took this pic with him as his enlisted aide. Notice the jump wings? The two plaques are from my companies from the 82nd and from the 25th, when I was leaving those units. The certificate is from graduating from Ranger indoctrination program, when I was at the 25th. Now I don't know how it is now, but back in the late 80's , when you were with a regular Division somewhere, and you were sent to a R.I.P program somewhere, the next step was, you were going to Ranger school, period. I don't have my dd214 handy or my initial paperwork from when i went in, but i d.e.p.'d in from high School to go to the 1/75. You are just going to have to take my word on that one. However , I was only there fro about 2 seconds, long enough to finish rip, then seriously twist an ankle, with a hairline fracture, and they shipped my butt outa there.
[/B]
Bud, nobody ever said you weren't in the 25th ID, and nobody gives a ****.

Nobody ever said you didn't graduate from some 25th ID "ranger indoctrination program," and nobody gives a ****.

Nobody ever said you never went to the REAL Ranger Indocrination Program, and, still, nobody gives a ****.

What we said was this-you came on here claiming to be a Ranger, and you're not.

You say you went to 1/75, but you have yet to tell us which company. If you made it out of RIP, even for "2 seconds" you'd have been assigned to a company. Ergo, it is safe for us to assume that your disqualifying injury happened IN RIP.

If you really went to RIP, and got injured, and couldn't get into the battalion proper, then I salute your intentions...but that doesn't make you a Ranger.

If you really went to Ranger school and got medicaled out, again, I salute your intentions, but that STILL doesn't make you a Ranger.

If you really made it through some jackleg program in the 25th ID that called itself RIP, again, way to go....still doesn't make you a Ranger.

Show me a Ranger school diploma, or tell me what platoon and company you served in 1/75, and give em the name of someone who knew you there, and I'll be the first guy to apologize to you.

Otherwise, shut the **** up.

· Registered
60 Posts
Ruck

Git you ass over to armyranger.com

We'll get you squared away.

Popsmoke

· Registered
1,902 Posts
Do a SL of chinups and pullups,

learn land nav in your sleep,

memorize the patrol order backwards and forward.

Run, run, run.

For the record, I was injured and should have recycled, but had a plum assignment waiting, and couldn't get a straight answer on whether I would lose the plum assignment if I recycled. I made the wrong decision, have regretted it ever since.

Don't know current rules, but you MIGHT be able to sneak in some "pogie bait". I'd say about a hundred Payday candy bars, or your personal favorite. If you get a bad cold or flu, go on sick call, the doc MIGHT give you a nice handful of little red pills. Of course, my info is several decades OLD! :) :)

· Registered
1 Posts
I really cant belive we are waisting our time with such petty stuff. Imatation is the biggest form of flatery there is.. You are who you are, and that is that. A little bit of humility would not hurt anybody. Obviously this dude is not what we would call a ranger. Whether it be by assingnment or qualification. Non the less I would say he does deserve a smack on the PP, and drop it...

· Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by bcwn
I really cant belive we are waisting our time with such petty stuff. Imatation is the biggest form of flatery there is.. You are who you are, and that is that. A little bit of humility would not hurt anybody. Obviously this dude is not what we would call a ranger. Whether it be by assingnment or qualification. Non the less I would say he does deserve a smack on the PP, and drop it...
Nothing says drop it, like bringing up a 20 day old thread. I guess I was brought up a bit different than you, lying is not considered petty in my book.

· 11B3PB4
279 Posts
Originally posted by Squaw Man Wolfer
Don't know current rules, but you MIGHT be able to sneak in some "pogie bait". I'd say about a hundred Payday candy bars, or your personal favorite. If you get a bad cold or flu, go on sick call, the doc MIGHT give you a nice handful of little red pills. Of course, my info is several decades OLD! :) :) [/B]
I went in Aug of 04 (unsuccessfully) and we couldnt bring anything in, you would seriously have to 550 it to your privates to get it in. I was told to hide vitamins inside of the Bic pens that are ok on the packing list, sounds like a good idea really. I just didnt feel like doing it, not just integrity, but if my buddy doesnt have it, I shouldnt either.

Anyways, MarkP, do all of the above the good rangers mentioned to you, plus, know that ranger creed. I didnt know it when I got there, and I paid for it heavily. Physically ;)

· Banned
329 Posts
Originally posted by R_LeComte
11/73 "Spearhead of the Dead" white thread too
I've heard of white boot laces, but never white thread.

· Registered
19 Posts
White thread = winter Ranger, we got our a== really frozen and snowed upon. I guess were lucky though, no desert phase in 73.

Trivia: Gary Litrell was my RI. He has an interesting read for his MOH. His most treasured verbage "I'll break your bony backs you **** birds!"

· Banned
329 Posts
Pleased to hear it.

White laces were not the mark of a good man.

· Registered
6 Posts
what did you do to prepare? (PT/"Ranger stakes"/etc).

Did your unit have a pre-Ranger course or did you train on your own time?

what kind of PT did you do in the train-up??

thanks in advance,

Mark P.
I was with the 25th in 1985 when I went. We had a brigade sized tryout with about 250 coming out to try it. We left with 48 people to go to RIP (Ranger Indoctrination Program). 14 of us graduated from that. Us 14 went to Ranger school. 4 of us graduated from that group. RIP was very, very important for that training. I'm ancient now and have no idea how they do it. To pass Ranger School, you have to be good enough in most things and when you suck at something and you will. Your Ranger buddy will pull you through that part. You will do the same for him.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.