Ranger Belts...Anyone Wear one for CCW? Recommendations Please.

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Nalapombu, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Nalapombu

Nalapombu Millennium Member

Hey all.

I just got my CCW here in Ohio. I no longer have a good belt for carrying. I sold all my stuff when I lost a lot of weight. Now, I’ve got to find something.

I’ve been looking thru listings for “tactical belts” and there are hundreds and hundreds on Amazon and most are just single layer cordura. I have one of those types and it’s not up to CCW use. So, I’ve been thinking of going with a leather belt this time. One style of belt tgst I have always liked is the RANGER style belt.

Do any if you wear a Ranger belt or wear and use it for carry? If so, what brand do you use and like?

If you can recommend a Ranger belt for me that’s less than $75 or so, that would be awesome. I am a bit leery of spending a lot of money on a belt because I am losing weight again after gaining a bunch back. So, if there’s a quality Ranger belt for less, I’d like to know about it.

Also, if you don’t think a Ranger belt to use for CCW can be found in my budget, please recommend a basic belt that I should look into.
    Thank you for your help.

2. Calicowboy

Calicowboy

I really like my Wilderness Instructor belt. It's 2 or 3 years old, and worn almost every day and still in almost new condition. It supports my glock 23 with no problem. The only thing I would do differently if I bought it again would be to get the version with the plastic buckle instead of the steel buckle.

Micad, NJ1911 and syntaxerrorsix like this.

3. MUT

MUT

51VWoZU-+lL._AC_UX679_.jpg Give the "rigger's" belts a look.
    Most of the quality/name brand units - like blackhawk, are very heavy duty, true mil spec parachute grade webbing & buckle, etc. I can vouch that the quality units are nearly indestructable, having had some of mine for 20+yrs thru both daily life, EDC carry and actual hot spot deployments too numerous to count. Most are at/under $50.
    My wife disliked the bulk of the "d" ring that makes them a rigger belt (designed for hasty rappelling task) but a few mins with a cutoff wheel took care of that on hers.

Bus007, JArthurD and Lt. Donn like this.
  4. Bradley T

Bradley T

Those look nice. I just Googled "ranger belt" and got a site with some nice ones under $60.

5. 1bigK

1bigK

I am a big fan of blue alpha belts hybrid edc buckle. They use a cobra buckle but had worked with the original manufacturer to change the male buckle to a smaller profile (1 1/2” total height) so that you don’t have to undo the belt completely every time you remove or install the belt into your jeans. Because of that the heavy duty Velcro will last forever. These belts list on their website for $69.95.

I have been using my current belt for daily use for at least 2 years now and it still looks great and it has not sagged or stretched. Their belts are extremely well designed and built to take a beating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. VTEC214

VTEC214

Im using a Wilderness 5 stich Instructor belt that I have had since 2005. Good belt for the money.

7. 45caldan

45caldan

8. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

I assume you mean an actual Ranger Belt not just some tactical naming. I wore a version of the brown one from El Paso Saddlery for about 7 years before I wore it out.

[​IMG]

I say worn out, it really only has a nick on the last hole I was wearing it at but I've lost too much weight to wear it and it be useful as a belt. It has certainly stretch and conformed to my shape. Great quality. Really loved the belt. Something to consider is that there is double thickness at the 12 O'clock. I like to carry a small fixed blade scout style at 11. It made it a little difficult.

Cowboyrig.jpg

For simplicity's sake I now use a Wilderness Belt with the frequent flyer buckles and double stiffness. I've tried riggers belts and Cobra buckle belts but I find KISS belts to really be the best. Leather is more comfortable because it conforms to you but it will not provide as much support as nylon belt unless it has the same added stiffeners. Leather looks better without a doubt. They start at $99 but extra stamping will run you more. Hope that helps.

Dynactus and 1L26 like this.
  9. papershoot

papershoot

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  10. PatinAz

PatinAz

I've had the same Wilderness belt for at least 15 years. Only belt I ever wear.

11. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

I'm with MUT... I've worn a riggers belt for EDC since 1990...many CCW folks spend good $ on a holster and cheap-out on the belt... don't be"that guy"

MUT, Spats McGee and 45caldan like this.
  12. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Same-same here

MUT likes this.
  13. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

The buckle is supposed to be for fall protection, not to rappel with. Just a restraint.

14. Wojo88

Wojo88

Take a look at Nexbelt. I have several EDC belts and Nexbelts have become my favorite, They are super lite because of the material, very fast to buckle up and are nice enough for office attire. The hold your weapon very well, don't even feel the weight or experience sagging.

http://www.nexbelts.com/

PEC-Memphis likes this.
  15. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

I own reinforced leather belts but more often than not, I opt for the riggers belt, just like this one.

16. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

I've got two Wilderness belts, one black and one tan. Great belts, but they look tactical if that is a problem (like at work).

17. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 JABRONI AUTIST

rick458 likes this.
  18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Ranger style belts look cool, just 2 problems:
    1. It's hard to get them through all the holster, pouch and belt loops.
    2. It's not worth the trouble for #1, because it's supposed to be concealed. Nobody should know if your cool-looking belt matches your cool-looking holster.

19. RPK Clone

RPK Clone

PEC-Memphis likes this.
  20. Current Resident

Current Resident

I have an old Triple K that is on its way out. It started to lose its rigidity but I still wear it.

I do my best to have a grey appearance about ice with the occasional slip with an NRA t shirt out in public.

Jerry C likes this.