Range Visit Glock 17RTF

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by stonestreet, Mar 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. stonestreet

stonestreet Glocklover

Just wanted to post a quick thread about my visit to the range today. I shot 300 rounds :50cal:through three pistols: Glock 17RTF, Beretta 92FS, and Sig P229 (40cal). I'm a huge Glock lover and I'm happy to report the the G17 functioned PERFECTLY:supergrin:! Never had not one hiccup. The Beretta 92FS I had two failures:shocked: to feed and the 229 I had one failure:crying: to eject casing. Also, the Beretta didn't lock the slide back after the last round twice and during one magazine it went from single action trigger back to double action.
    As far as the ammo involved, it was cheap range ammunition (Remington 125gr FMJ 9mm, Winchester .40S&W) but it was factory fresh ammunition.
    This range visit was basically a trip out during a very nice Saturday afternoon and the weather was finally nice to go shoot and it also just proved further just how great the Glock is. I also got a BLACKHAWK thigh holster with the Serpa and that holster worked fantastic BTW:perfect10:!

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

Congrats. I think I might have spoiled myself by getting a Glock as my first firearm.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Good deal,.......sounds like magazine problems with the Beretta

4. GlockRWH

GlockRWH

I hear ya. Glock was my first... there were many in between... but it always come back to Glock. :cool: