Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...my LGS had one in as a range gun. I put 100 rounds of Independence aluminum 115gr FMJ though it without a single hiccup. Now the range told me when they go it a few days ago, there were quite a few hiccups but as more rounds went through, the better it got. This could have been ammo, the gun, the mag or the shooter, I don't know.

I only used one mag, the 10 round with the extension. I shot just 10 rounds and sometimes 10+1. I will say, it handled the 115gr well, very low recoil but with 115 +p or 124 +p, I think it will obviously be a bit snappier. It is a small gun but unlike my old G43, it is thicker and thus, easier for me to grip. It has a great trigger, smooth, slight take up, crisp break and a very short reset. I am amazed Sig got 10 or 12 rounds into the mag on a gun this size. I like the gun, I'm on a list to get one now. The negative it seems to me is that the gun, well it is very small. Maybe difficult to grab onto in a quick situation but the gun shoots wells, very controllable with what I shot. Hopefully it doesn't shoot if dropped :)

Some pics, I shot it with my new M9A3 and Tokarev M57 (which is a fun, hot round to shoot).

Next to my M9A3...

Unloaded...

Still unloaded...

Reactions: -JCN-

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Nice. These pistols seem to like a little bit of a break in before they’ll eat light / weak ammo.

Sounds like you got it in the sweet spot. They’re super fun guns to shoot.

Pity some people don’t understand the concept of “break in” before gauging function.

There have been a lot of similar reports of initial weak ammo failures that clear up after the first couple hundred rounds. IMHO the rentals are going to be a great source of information on durability and reliability as they’ll be shot a lot more than personal firearms for the most part.

·
Banned
787 Posts
Still for the money they want for it should work great out of the box. I know they need break in but have NEVER had a problem with a Glock. That is why I stick with the brand. Good luck with yours when you get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts