close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Range time with my Glock 19.5 and M&P 2.0 Compact..

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by bunk22, Oct 8, 2017.

1. bunk22

bunk22

I shot both my new G19.5 next to the M&P 2.0 Compact today, total of 800 rounds, 400 rounds evenly split. Took a while as I only have four M&P mags, plenty of Glock mags...brought seven with me. There were zero malfunctions of any kind and both were a joy to shoot IMO.

I will say the 19.5 shot like a Glock, I was more accurate with it as I am used to shooting Glocks but the 2.0 Compact was a bit easier to shoot with its ergo's, light trigger. It was a bit more difficult to feel/hear the reset than the Glock but still, good enough for what it is. I do like the lack of finger grooves on the 19.5, my favorite thing about it. The finish would be next. I see no difference in accuracy between this Gen 5 and my other Glocks...all are more accurate than I could ever be as a shooter.

However, one big negative was the BTF and light ejection pattern of the lighter 115gr ammo. Now I shoot Glocks all the time, as I have a few and none put brass to my face, even with lighter ammo. The 124gr FMJ and all self defense loads ejected normally. However, as I shot more, the brass started to eject properly, though still not as strong as the hotter ammo. The 2.0 had no issues with the ejection pattern, no matter the ammo. Regardless, both are keepers, I am a Glock fanboy but this new 2.0 is an excellent alternative. Biggest negative about the 2.0 is the gritty take up and rough grip texture. Not for shooting, it worked great but for conceal carry, on the skin, not the best feeling.

The ammo broke down like this:
    Blazer Aluminum 115gr FMJ: 200
    WWB 124gr NATO: 200
    Remington Brass 115gr FMJ: 100
    Critical Duty 135gr JHP: 100
    Speer Gold Dot 124+p JHP: 50
    Gold Sabre 124+p BJHP: 50
    Federal 115 +p+ JHP: 50
    HST 147gr JHP: 50

[​IMG]

ELD89, Fiat, DaBurna and 14 others like this.
  2. dukeblue91

dukeblue91

Good to hear that you like both.
    I've been looking at the M&P 2.0 compact but haven't made up my mind.

n2g and Sky King like this.

3. rottglocken

rottglocken

If I was just getting into pistols today, without the history I have with Glock, I would go M&P and never look back. I don't think it is necessarily a better pistol than Glock. But I am ... ethnocentric?... and would rather buy American, and I think it is as good a pistol as Glock. It just came along way, WAY too late.

n2g, Teecher45 and kody1234 like this.
  4. greeenteeee

greeenteeee

I just got my first Glock (thanks to a non-Glock P80). The M&P 2.0 coming out at the same time was hard to accept because I love the grip of my Shield (which opened my eyes to the M&P line). I do like the simplicity of the Glock though.

5. V Gehts

V Gehts

My Three favorite choices were,the Glock 19-17, a S&W 2.0 and the Sig 320 which I had to pick from.
    When they went on sale,Glock won because of price (cheapest).....that's it.
    If one or the other was cheapest,I would'a went home with it.
    I've got a Ruger and I got a Henry.....are they the best???? In my mind they are and that's all that matters to me!
    Eventually,I'll get me a 2.0 and a Sig.....remember Rome wasn't built in a day...

6. Hoff

Hoff Millennium Member

Picked up 2.0 compact, used and unfired. Came with an Apex trigger and Trijicon nite (big orange dot) sights. Anxious to hit the range tomorrow. Thanks for your review.

bunk22 likes this.
  7. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Thanks for the review.. Although I have no interest in the Gen 5, I do have several 3 and 4 19's. And, I really like the new m&p 2.0, so I think you just talked me into it.

8. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

Great review Bunk.

My 17.5 is the same way with 115's. I shot about half of the brands you have and am at about the 250 round count on mine.

If you are looking for a slightly weaker round than the NATO 124's, try American Eagle 124's. My 17.5 likes them both.

9. Roccaas

Roccaas I wish I DID know now what I DIDN'T know then!

Never have been a fan of the S&W bendy trigger safety. After $$ upgrades for an Apex trigger and ignition system I could have bought an H&K VP9 for less, and had tritium sights.

I do like that S&W through hardens their steel vs other mfgs, but not shooting for a living, I think this is a distinction without a difference.

Now if Glock put steel inserts into the frame molds--we'd all complain that they transmit to much recoil since the bendy Glock frame doesn't absorb like "real Glocks". Sig lost me at the "send it back for slide cutting because you can use a hammer instead of the trigger" fiasco.

It is a golden age for pistols; something for everyone, and something for everyone to nitpick-hence the need for forums....

vba and nevernuffglock like this.
  10. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

No kidding... Wife probably found out

11. Hoff

Hoff Millennium Member

Seller brought it in on Monday as the news of LV was unfolding... not sure but LGS, they personally know "the guy" speculated. Hurry up range time...

12. vetteman

vetteman NRA Member

I have three M&P pistols. I love the design and ergonomics. Mine have all been 100% reliable. I just don’t shoot them as accurate as my Glocks. I believe this is due to me being more used to the Glock trigger and grip design. I plan to purchase an M&P 2.0 Compact. I think S&W should have made this size years ago, it is the perfect do everything size and the magazine sleeves for full size mags are a nice touch.

n2g likes this.
  13. Capt. H

Capt. H US Army Aviation School 1967

Good review.

Sky King likes this.
  14. wormraper

wormraper

I'm super jelly right now. I have stocked up on so many pistols that I don't know if I can grab 2.0 compact right now, but it IS on my hit list. I have 2 shield 9mm and 2 M&P 9c's , but I really like the G19 size of the 2.0 compact. only thing is I have AK-47 fever and have been stacking up on imports lol... too little money, too many guns.

bunk22 likes this.
  15. VTEC214

VTEC214

My LGS has the 2.0’s for $450. It’s hard not to try for the price. Defenenty a major player in the midsized pistol market that’s brewing.

Hoff likes this.
  16. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

His wife found out and made him sell it???

:rofl:

17. jeepjrn

jeepjrn

Great review, I’ve been contemplating the compact 2.0 but I think you just put the icing on the cake, I need to go out and buy the S&W compact to compliment my G19 and G19C. Again, much appreciate the one on one comparison. I do have a M&P 2.0 45 full size and love it.

18. Glock40man

Glock40man

Thanks for the review Bunk. I have not got to even handle either one yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

19. Glock40man

Glock40man

His significant other told him he had to get rid of one. And/or, he has more money than sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

20. bunk22

bunk22

This gun is a shooter, more rounds yesterday, and the trigger is smoothing out. I put some Truglow sights on it as well, needed some glow in the dark sights.