Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Semper Fi
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a few days ago that I picked up a new pistol for the wife. The CM9 is a lot to handle for range shooting and she doesn’t care for my 40’s for the same reason. Running across the Smith M&P was just by chance. But $350 OTD for a great looking pistol with 3mags, night sights and a good reputation...couldn’t pass it up.

So yesterday I took it to the range. Unfortunately the wife had to work so I GRACIOUSLY tested it out for her. I’m such a nice guy. It was such work putting 150 rounds through it for her.

My impressions
-Good trigger from the factory. Not heavy, clean and predictable.
-Ergos are comfy it fits my hands well.
-Interchangable backstraps. I bought the small for the wife. I used the medium. She likes the feel of the small.
-As it was told to me in another thread, this is a soft shooter. All day at the range would be no problem at all. This rang very true, pleasure to shoot with
-It’s accurate. This pistol shoots very well, as good as you can hold it at 7 and 15 yds IMO...except
-One problem with accuracy. It shoots low. At first VERY low compared to POA but as I got used to it it was only a bit low to POA.

Overall it was a good day on the pistol range. I truly think I have found a pistol that the wife will not only enjoy at the range but will also have no reservations CCW. I am going to shop for a shorter front sight for it but won’t make any changes until after the wife puts a good amount of rounds down range.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the report. I agree, let the wife shoot it a bunch before you swap out the sights. She might be dead on with it.

I forget how it's spelled but the Kuars look like nice pistols and always seem to have positive reviews.

And that's great of you to break the pistol in for her. Haha. I could see myself doing the same.

·
Semper Fi
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forget how it's spelled but the Kuars look like nice pistols and always seem to have positive reviews.
The Kahrs are nice pistols. I have no complaints. I have a CM40 and she has the CM9. They are solid accurate and reliable pieces. But they are small and light, that combination yields a lot of felt recoil. She handles the CM9 well but it’s not a lot of fun for her to try to run a couple hundred through it. It truly starts wearing her out after 30 or 40.

Hence the purchase of the M&P. I think she will not only enjoy shooting it at the range with me but she will enjoy carrying it as well.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,833 Posts
Your such a nice guy to take it out and test it for her ROFLOL. Seriously though good report.
Glad it worked out for you. Even though I like the feel of them I have had very mixed results with the M&Ps as I started a thread about a few months ago when I had to send one back. Good to hear you got a good one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts