close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Range report

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tattedglock651, Feb 11, 2012.

1. tattedglock651

tattedglock651 FNG

Took out the new Gen3 G19 today ran 300 rounds at the paper with 6 inch groups at 7 yds only took 3 or 4 casings to the top of the head so I'm not too upset at all with that!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files:

2. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Cool beans alot of people get in the face/head brass because of the range set up. The fired brass conects with the range lane partition walls and bounces back onto you.

3. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

From the photo of the bald head the brass would feel pretty hot.

4. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Looks like a nice place to be shooting... congrats on the new gun, wish we had more indoor ranges around my area...

5. banger

banger

Not to be a naysayer but....

6" at seven yard is an indication of a SEVERE problem with the pistol.

It would seem prudent to get it checked out.

With a group like that, it will not stay on a man sized target at only 25 yards.

The Glocks are capable of much better shooting than this.

6. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Don't think there is anything wrong with the pistol. Just needs to practice more.

7. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK

Hey I noticed you have a set of Howard Leight Impacts (the 50 dollar ones, right?).

How do you like them?

Any complaints?

I was about to order a pair yesterday but was hesitant because of some of the reviews.

8. TexasGlockster

TexasGlockster

:arg:

That being said, I have the same question... :embarassed:

9. bac1023

bac1023

10. skud_dusty

skud_dusty

I've had my Howard Leight muffs for going on 3 years now. I love them to death! Haven't had to replace the original battery, they are comfortable, and they work in the rain.

11. tech859

tech859 ALE-8-ONE

Ever stop and think it might be the Indian, and not the arrow?

12. Ivada

Ivada

Sorry for the hijack, but just wanted to let you know that I have been using the Howard Leights for about a week and they're really nice and comfy once you have a snug fit. Fold up really small too, does not take up any space in the range bag. Plus once you adjust the electronic thingamajig properly, you actually can hear every conversation around you without hearing the gunshots. Very cool!

Again, very sorry for the hijack. Hope the OP did not mind.

13. Ivada

Ivada

Congrats on the new gun, now shoot the heck out of it. Looks like you have a very nice range there.

14. tattedglock651

tattedglock651 FNG

I would say order them extremely comfortable and they work great its nice to actually hear people talk that youre shooting with and not hear the bang.

15. tattedglock651

tattedglock651 FNG

Its ok banger figured someone would have something negative to say there always is. As far as a problem with the pistol maybe in your PERECT SHOOTING HANDS it would be but in mine thats pretty good for me and If I ever have to shoot anything at 25 yards I probably have time to run away and shouldnt be shooting at it to begin with. Im not a competition shooter nor do i ever plan to but my 6" group will be plenty good to protect myself or my family. Keep up the perfect shooting!!!

16. banger

banger

Why soooo defensive?

I was concerned about a defect in the pistol.

Be aware that 7 yards is 21 feet!

Consider, a Baseball pitcher throws a round sphere just over 66 ft. if he does not get an accuracy similar to what you perform with a firearm, the fans shout for him to be benched.

Simply owning a firearm does NOT make one prepared!

Lastly, you are the one who got on the Internet and in effect BRAGGED about your abilities!

Further, 6" at seven yards means that at a normal "living room" distance, you stand a good chance of missing your target and sending a bullet flying into the great unknown, killing or wounding God knows who.

Soooo, now the question do YOU feel this is prudent?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  17. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

651-

Looks like you have all the frame sizes nicely represented there on the bench, and kudos to the photographer for catching the fireball!

Enjoy the new 9X19!

They are nice, but they are big. Thankfully, my big old coconut fits in there just nicely enough to get a good fit. I also have some other cans from them, and they reduce the SPL a lot more, but like 651 said, it is nice to be able to hear people talking to you, like during a cease fire when others are setting up/retrieving targets (I shoot outdoors mainly...)

18. tattedglock651

tattedglock651 FNG

Dont worry baner there is nothing wrong with the gun. And I wasnt being defensive just a smart A** is all. And I wasnt at the range trying to hone in my skills I was just there with some friends cutting paper and braking in my new G19. Ill make sure to give you a personal range report when I hit the range friday to do some real shooting:whistling:

19. tattedglock651

tattedglock651 FNG

@ Beanie The 26 is my girlfriends the 19 mine and the 17 was a guys that we met at the range. It was pretty cool to have them all there though. And the fireball pic was taken by my girlfriend with my cell phone I think she did a good job with that too!!

20. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

As much as I love the G19 platform it should not be beaning you in the head. I agree it's possible for various reasons to once in a Blue Moon to have an occasional errant round do so. 3-4 in one range session is too much. The guns are capable of great accuracy by the way. Just like everything else. Time and practice. Enjoy your new pistol.