Range Report: Sig P250sc VS Sig P250fs

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Indy_Guy_77, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

Had an opportunity the other day to shoot, for the very first time, my newly acquired Sig P-250 pistols!

Frames in question are the sub-compact and the full sized. Both in 9mm.

Ammo used:
    147gr WWB JHP
    115gr S&B FMJ
    115gr Federal American Eagle FMJ
    115gr Remington UMC FMJ (green box)

ZERO failures of any kind with either frame assembly. ZERO. None. Zilch. Nada. Cero.

Impressions:

The Sub-Compact is much easier to handle than I'd anticipated. Very pleasantly surprised in this regard, too. The long DA trigger pull and subsequent full-length reset WILL take some getting used to. Just a different animal from my M&P and Steyr. However, despite being a long pull, it's SMOOTH and relatively light. These pistols don't have a manual safety, so their long pull does double duty...like Kahr's. I've not shot Kahr's Elite trigger...but the P-250 is lighter than the CW-40 I used to own, if just as long.

I'd absolutely LOVE to have a magazine pinky extension for the SC, though...but I did OK without it.

The full sized frame makes for a BIG firearm. I don't have a G17 to compare...but I'd bet that they're VERY close in size judging by the few rounds I've shot from a G17.

Easier handling from the FS than the SC, too. Not surprising.

When I did my part, each frame was just about as accurate as the other. THE biggest factor in accuracy out of these pistols is to learn the trigger...something that I haven't done yet.

The pistols:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    sub-compact field stripped

The piece with the trigger attached, just above the frame, is the actual "firearm" / serialized part of the pistol. It is this sub-assembly / chassis / trigger group that can be transferred to different frames.

-J-

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  2. Indy_Guy_77

Targets:

[​IMG]
    First shots with the sub-compact.

Ammo selection, clockwise: WWB 147gr, S&B 115gr, UMC 115gr, American Eagle 115gr. 7 yards, 5 rds/target.

[​IMG]
    First shots with the full sized frame. 4-corner targets = same sequence as the above shot. Middle target = 5rds of all but the WWB. 7 yards.

[​IMG]
    hurried shooting, but no controlled pairs. I blame the trigger length / reset... If one is to become accurate with this pistol, it will require much practice!

-J-

3. gunsnhoses

gunsnhoses

I LOVE Sig pistols, but I just can't warm up to the 250's. I admit I haven't shot one, but I've handled them and I think if you want a polymer Sig, then you just can't beat the 2022.

4. Indy_Guy_77

They're unique, that's for sure. I wouldn't have purchased these, either, but I kind of walked into a deal.

I traded a shotgun and some cash for the both of these. They're sold as a "2SUM". Not super inexpensive, but much more economical than buying one pistol...then maybe someday in 5 years finding a frame/barrel/slide/recoil spring kit to change the configuration.

I forgot to mention in my review that BOTH slides have night-sights. Honest tritium-fueled night sights.

-J-

5. SeeJohnLikeSig&Glock

SeeJohnLikeSig&Glock

Great post Indy.

I am starting to warm up to the 250. It took me years to like the glock. It took me years to like the PX4. And its taken at least a year to like the 250. Thanks for the pics and report.

Dare I say "go colts!" ????

6. Scott3670

Scott3670

I have the SIG P250 compact and love it. It's a big gun to ccw but it works for me. On the range I was able to keep all rounds inside 2 inches at 10 yards. No feed jams or other issues - period. The only reason this won't be my EDC is that my Glock 26 arrives next week.

7. Indy_Guy_77

I will say that the P250 trigger for sure isn't for everyone. If you're used to a "short" trigger like on a Glock, M&P, 1911, etc etc...you'll probably hate the Sig. But if you're used to something else in the DAO range, then it's the cat's meow.

Who Dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints? The COLTS, that's who dat! Go Colts!

I'm not sure if I'll end up with a holster for the sub compact or not... It's only marginally smaller than my M&Pc. Don't know if I'd want to invest in another holster or not. We'll see!

-J-