Howdy Guys Just got finished (mostly) putting the finishing touches on a Liberty Training Rifle I plan on taking to an Appleseed event this summer or fall, sighted it in and shot my first groups. The rifle build is basically following the advice and links in this thread. I havent seen a whole heck of a lot of reviews out there from those taking the plunge, so I thought what the hey, do one if I have one. I actually encountered some problems that other folks might want a heads'up on. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php/35390-The-Liberty-Training-Rifle Tech Sights: I got the TSR 200 with their front sight post tool, which also adjusts the rear windage knob, and their separate wrench thingy that is used to adjust the elevation on the rear knob. In the package they send you, you get some very clear and easy to understand instructions on how to go about removing the front sight post on your 10/22 and then install the new one. I used a steel pin punch I got from Lowes, and a very light autobody hammer to start driving the front sight post out. After it got down about 1/8th of the total width, it seemed to get stuck until I used a regular claw hammer and really gave it a few good smacks, at which point it just flew out entirely the rest of the way on the final swing rather than being a gradual shift. The rear aperture sight is simple to install, and I secured it with red Loctite thread sealer. I had a hard time finding the Loc-Tite, its over in the glue section at Lowes if you go looking for it. The rear peephole itself was actually loose and would twist sideways in both directions to about 10'oclock and 2'oclock, which I found a little concerning and was planning to secure at a later time with yet more loc-tite, but wound up fixing later during sighting. You also get a bunch of extra goodies with your Tech Sight I wasn't expecting, that being a bunch of Appleseed documentation and some target templates, which I put to good use. The target overlapping the rest of the papers is their standard 25 meter "Redcoat" target. The Uncle Mike's swivel studs and sling swivels went in pretty easily. I did not follow the instructions for countersinking the machine screw, rather just drilled pilot holes slightly thinner than the studs and applied red Loc-tite to them. The sling is a cheapy $5 Allen 1" sling I plan on replacing once I find something I like better. Apparently my rifle came with an extended mag release already installed, this might be a standard part on their newer models. I plan on doing the bolt-hold open modification at a later date. Sighting in: When I got to the range and started sighting this sucker at 25 meters, it was shooting high about 7" and left about 3". I tried doing all my elevation adjustment at the front post as if sighting in an AR15, but at one point the front post unscrewed to the point that the retention pin holding it in place was no longer catching, and I was still about 3" too high. When looking through the rear post, I could actually see UNDER the front sight post. So after ratcheting the front post back down to the point that I couldnt see through a gap under it. I did the remainder of my elevation adjustments at the rear post, and now it works fine. It was during the rear elevation adjustment that the rear peephole actually tightened down enough to not rotate. I assume it was just loose due to being barely into its threadings when it was shipped. A word on sight picture: For whatever reason, the rear peephole on these Tech-Sights appear somewhat fuzzy unless I cant my head to the left moreso than I do with my AR15 (I shoot left handed); my dad also has this issue and he is a righty. So it does take some fiddling around and experimenting so that you can clearly see the front sight post ( I miss having a charging handle to press my nose against) Finding a consistent cheek-weld is going to be part of getting used to this rifle. Field Stripping: The video Ruger has on youtube for taking this rifle down is somewhat deceptive. My 2 bottom pins don't come out anywhere near as easily (although the large upper takedown pin usually just falls out all on its own) and require quite a bit of force to hammer out. You want to be careful with how you orient the trigger group, my hammer spring fell out of the trigger assembly by accident, and the two tiny pins holding the trigger assembly together wiggled out while removing the normal takedown pins, and they are kind of a pain in the butt to get back in. I suggest keeping the trigger group pointing up as if you were going to fire it during the entire disassembly to make sure nothing falls out on you. Here are my first groupings with the rifle from this weekend, all shot at approx 25 meters (25 large steps, so +/- 5 yards I guess). I've got some definite room for improvement, want to bring those groups down to at least half-dollar size. Hope this helps someone who is considering building one. Overall likeability 9/10.