close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Range report..Glock 26 and 30...Part 2

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Deputy, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

After my fiasco firing these guns on Friday (8/17), I told the wifey I want to go back out and give them another try. Took two boxes of Federal American Eagle 9MM for her and two boxes of Remington Golden Saber 230 grain JHP and a box of 50 of the Italian Finocchio 230 grain FMJ in .45ACP.

First up was the Glock 26. I had removed the stainless recoil assembly from her gun and put the factory original back in. The wife did all the shooting, with the target about 10 feet away. I know thats pretty close, but I wanted her to build up her confidence. She handled the gun well, but only got 2 hits out of 90 rounds. I fired the last 10 rounds to show her it wasn't the gun that was the problem. I have a 9MM laser bore gizmo and we are going to try it at home to see what the problem is with her shooting. I suspect trigger control, jerking, and placement of the trigger finger. Anyway, the gun functioned flawlessly

Next up was the Glock 30. Last time I had a stainless recoil spring assembly installed and it came unscrewed, and prior to that I was having all kinds of malfunctions, including FTRB. This time I was using the stock recoil assembly. Same distance target as the wife shot and I blew the heck out of the center of it. NO malfunctions whatsoever. To say I am a happy camper is to make a major understatement. I REALLY like this gun and planned on using it next month for CCW training. But when it started to malfunction, I got REAL worried. Now my confidence has returned to the gun and to "Glock Perfection". :supergrin:

2. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

3. ronin.45

ronin.45

Glad your .45 is working properly.

Have you had your wife dryfire at all? She must be jerking the heck out of that trigger to miss 88/90. Does she have much experience with 9mm?

4. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

She is new to shooting semis. She had a Ruger .357 mag revolver previously. Most all of her hits are at 6 o'clock and off the bullseye.

5. 153

It's good to read you are enjoying these fine pistols!!!

6. PrO...

PrO...

Congrats,I took my 30 out today too.

7. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

I guess I will have to STFU at the other place. Bill said 5 people accused me of trolling because of all my Glcok posts.:supergrin:

8. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

I really like the heck out of the 30. It fits my hand perfectly and it is very comfortable to shoot. I was a bit leery of a .45ACP out of something that small, but it handles it quite nicely.
    Really cool to hear it "thumping" at the range. It makes a very distinct sound compared to other calibers.:cool:

9. Ken43

Ken43

Get some 9mm snap caps. Space them between live rounds in the magazine. Don't let your wife see where you put them. When she pulls the trigger on a snap cap nothing happens, however; you can see if she is jerking the trigger. I use snap caps in all of my classes, even when I am teaching experienced shooters. They make all the difference in the world.

10. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

Thanks! I'll try that!

11. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

My 26 and 30 are bone stock and run like champs. (I leave my carry guns all stock)

Love them both, but I also shoot the 30 better.

Weird, but I am OK with it.