Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The one & only
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2 newest acquisitions, both bought brand new and firing for the first time. I was pressed for time, so I only shot 100 rounds thru each. Here is how they broke down....

Glock 17 - Flawless. No issues at all. I'm still shooting low, but not as much to the left anymore, I'm pretty much all over the place. I'm doing well staying on the target itself, but need a LOT of practice.

RIA 1911 - Had the same issue, not sure what it's called, I'm guessing "fail to feed". The last round of the magazine wouldn't load all the way and would jam the slide. This happened every 3 or 4 times on the last round only. I'm guessing the gun/magazine just need to be broken in a little more. I'm also shooting a little low with this one, but my groups were a little tighter. Again, just need a lot more practice and I'm guessing some pro instruction.

Both guns were really fun to shoot. I also shot my buddy's Sig Mosquito, that was pretty cool too.

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
Is your RIA new? I've got one and that happened to me a couple of times, but after putting a few more rounds through it I haven't had any more problems. I just keep it good and greasy. It's amazing the difference between these two guns. I love my Rock, and my G17, but I can't shoot them on the same day. Just too different. Glad you like them :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts