close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Range Report: G17 RTF2 (first shots)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rustin, Jul 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rustin

Rustin

Got a chance to go to the range today. I went with my brother. He took his trusty M&P9c and I brought my brand new G17 RTF2 and of course my LCR is always riding along.

Took 150 rounds of 124 gr. Blazer Brass. I always opt for the 124 gr. if I have the chance primarily because I carry 124+p Gold dots so I get to practice with a load that is closer to what I carry.

150 rounds, all flawless. This thing ran great and I love the way it feels in my hands. The G17 got me into Glocks and has became my favorite 9mm pistol. (BHP is still a close 2nd) I practiced slow fire, double taps, and a little strong/weak hand only. I'm still pulling left a little but I managed to put 20 rounds in a ragged (ever so slightly to the left) hole on a couple of different targets. I'm consistent but not exactly where I want to be. The highlight of the range trip I would say was practicing double taps. I loaded two mags up all the way, (17+19) and shot double taps exclusively for those two mags. I was able to keep them in the second to smallest ring at about 21 ft. and the G17 was very controllable under rapid fire.

All in all a great day. 150 flawless rounds and my brother shot off a 100 rounds, which makes 700 flawless rounds through his M&P 9c. I'll try to get some pics up.

Be safe, stay dangerous.

2. 92GTA

92GTA

Awesome! Sounds like a ton of good fun! I can't wait to make it to the range again with my new G22 :cool:

I also use allot of Blazer too, some brass but mostly the aluminum cheaper stuff. Of course I use 180gr in my .40

3. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

4. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

sounds good...i love a great day at the range

5. DRJ1911

DRJ1911

Sounds like you had a great day. I just put 200 rds through mine and the ONLY problem was a blister on my trigger finger.:whistling: I love the rtf2 Glock's

Doyle

6. bac1023

bac1023

7. ronin.45

ronin.45

Good shooting!

The 17 is my favorite Glock.

8. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

9. jbo723

jbo723

Always good times when going to the range and I definitely want to try and pick up a RTF one day..The 17 is my favorite as well and I currently have a Gen 3 and Gen 4..My Gen 4 has about 36K through it and regarless of what other handguns I have in my safe, I always gravitate towards my 17's everytime I hit the range..

10. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

The 17 is the best gun on the planet :)

11. snookomatic

snookomatic

They are great guns. I wish they still offered it as an option. If you carry it IWB or any way in which the gun will touch bare skin; I would suggest findingthe part that makes contact and hitting it with some 400 grit. It knocks the tops off of the "polymids" and makes the gun a lot easier to carry. Also, for me and I might imagine for others, the part that made contact with my side while holstered was the only part of the grip that my hand did not contact while shooting!! What a fabulous coincidence!

Anyway, enjoy the new gun!

12. Boot Stomper

Boot Stomper

13. glockenturm

glockenturm

Took my 19 RTF2 to a day long class. My only complaint was that my palm was raw after many rapid presentations from the holster. Was thinking of sticking some velcro loop on the backstrap to make it a bit more comfortable.

Other than that, the texture locks the gun firmly in hand. It ran like a Glock should. I like how the fish gills stand out from the crowd.

Message sent from Texas!