Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Glockaholic
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to my first ever range report! Today I shot my brand new G19 gen4 with 03 spring. First time I've ever shot a semi automatic, let alone a Glock. The first 20 rounds were 115gr Speer Gold Dots, then I shot 100 rounds of good ole 115gr WWB. No failures whatsoever! Granted, 120 rounds is not much, but it ran really smoothly. I'm very excited about it. The only thing I noticed was about 2 shells ejecting and hitting me in the head from the first dozen or so Winchester rounds. Other than that, I think ejection was pretty consistent. Hard to pay attention to that at my first shoot!

I'm attaching pictures of the 3 targets I shot. The first one is at 20 feet, with all the chest shots being the Gold Dots, and the head shots WWB. 2nd target is from 30 feet, all WWB, and the last pic is back to 20ft with WWB. I am open to any criticisms, critiques, suggestions, or any input you guys have. I'm here to share my experiences, and especially to learn! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm especially interested in your report since we have the same fire date and since we purchased the guns at the same place. Thanks so much for posting and congratulations on the successful outing. I'll keep you posted as well.

I called GLOCK today and asked about the 04 spring. They were very nice. The customer service gentleman did not send the 04 spring since I had not shot my gun yet, but gave me his direct extension. He said, "go shoot it and if you have any problem at all give me a call and you've got the spring." Seemed fair enough to me.

·
20,410 Posts
The targets indicate you are off to a good start. When calling Glock about springs, ask for the Warranty Service Department, not Customer Service.

·
Glockaholic
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm especially interested in your report since we have the same fire date and since we purchased the guns at the same place. Thanks so much for posting and congratulations on the successful outing. I'll keep you posted as well.

I called GLOCK today and asked about the 04 spring. They were very nice. The customer service gentleman did not send the 04 spring since I had not shot my gun yet, but gave me his direct extension. He said, "go shoot it and if you have any problem at all give me a call and you've got the spring." Seemed fair enough to me.
You're very welcome, and thanks! I would shoot some hotter SD ammo first, and go with target ammo that's at least 1180fps, Glock's minimum requirement, I've read here thanks to DannyR. Worked great for me. Also, maybe keep working the slide and leave it open overnight. Hopefully, like mine, you won't have any problems. Definitely looking forward to your report as well.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Not too shabby--you managed to avoid the "New GLOCK owner shooting low/left" syndrome! <g> About the brass hitting you in the head? Give it about 5% more grip strength and that should go away too. Congrats!

·
Glockaholic
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not too shabby--you managed to avoid the "New GLOCK owner shooting low/left" syndrome! <g> About the brass hitting you in the head? Give it about 5% more grip strength and that should go away too. Congrats!
Thanks for the tip! What part of one's technique would cause shots to go low/left? If anything, I think mine were going a little bit to the right...any ideas?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm very happy to hear your glock is working good, I hope to be purchasing the Gen 4 19 very soon!!

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Nice report and welcome to the club. There is something really fun about a Glock that I can just not put my finger on. It is just different than most other guns I am used to for some reason.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The targets indicate you are off to a good start. When calling Glock about springs, ask for the Warranty Service Department, not Customer Service.
Will do.....thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glad it's working out for you!
Good luck and enjoy!

·
Glockaholic
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: fired 150 rounds today.

50 rounds of RWS Sport 124gr FMJ - no problems.
100 rounds of WWB - experienced a FTE on the very first round

I'm not sure if that FTE was the gun, or me, since it was the first round in a new magazine. Maybe I had a lapse in concentration and didn't have the best grip, I'm not sure.

All together, 270 rounds fired through the gun with only one FTE. I'm not worried about that at all. Target pics coming soon, my groups improved!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Update: fired 150 rounds today.

50 rounds of RWS Sport 124gr FMJ - no problems.
100 rounds of WWB - experienced a FTE on the very first round

I'm not sure if that FTE was the gun, or me, since it was the first round in a new magazine. Maybe I had a lapse in concentration and didn't have the best grip, I'm not sure.

All together, 270 rounds fired through the gun with only one FTE. I'm not worried about that at all. Target pics coming soon, my groups improved!
Tranquillity, I've been following your reports with interest. Here's my first report: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1318399

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'm not sure if that FTE was the gun, or me, since it was the first round in a new magazine.
One of my Gen 4 G23 mags had some extra flashing binding the follower. 3 seconds with an exacto knife took care of it.

Just be sure to mark each new mag you use, and log your feed failures by which magazine you were using. That way, you can better troubleshoot where the problem might be coming from, even if you are just eliminating the magazines from the list.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Nice, good to hear that the gun is a good shooter. Congrats.

·
Glockaholic
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tranquillity, I've been following your reports with interest. Here's my first report: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1318399
Oh nice! I didn't know you posted yours. Heading there right after this.

One of my Gen 4 G23 mags had some extra flashing binding the follower. 3 seconds with an exacto knife took care of it.

Just be sure to mark each new mag you use, and log your feed failures by which magazine you were using. That way, you can better troubleshoot where the problem might be coming from, even if you are just eliminating the magazines from the list.
That's awesome advice, thanks! Marking mags is a great idea. What do you recommend using for it? A paint marker? etching?

Nice, good to hear that the gun is a good shooter. Congrats.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Good news. FWIW, I ordered the 04 spring before i had a chance to shoot mine. I ordered it about ten days ago, and it arrived today. I attribute the delay to the bad weather. Mine has been flawless so far with the 03 spring.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
That's awesome advice, thanks! Marking mags is a great idea. What do you recommend using for it? A paint marker? etching?
You can just take a crayon and color in one of the round count numbers. Start at the top and work your way down for each mag. If you have enough mags to get through all of the single digits, color in the top AND another number, etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a G19 Gen 4 also. I&#8217;ve put about 500 rds thru it with no problems. All my ammo was Federal Champion 115gr and American eagle 124gr. I have the 03 spring with a test fire date of 07/20/10. At about the 400th round I noticed the gun just felt better, my pattern became tighter and the trigger pull was smoother. I guess she reached her break in point, I really liked the G19 before but now I can&#8217;t wait to shoot again.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a G19 Gen 4 also. I’ve put about 500 rds thru it with no problems. All my ammo was Federal Champion 115gr and American eagle 124gr. I have the 03 spring with a test fire date of 07/20/10. At about the 400th round I noticed the gun just felt better, my pattern became tighter and the trigger pull was smoother. I guess she reached her break in point, I really liked the G19 before but now I can’t wait to shoot again.
Reb56, that's exciting to me. I can hardly wait to get back to the range and see my gun get even better. Awesome and congrats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts