Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range today to shoot my new-to-me 4006TSW CHP trade in. That gun just works so well in form and function. A true work of art, that Smith and Wesson has since forgotten how to produce (shame). But alas I got yet another fine example of a TSW for cheap.

Anyway, as I was finishing up, I noticed that the guy that had come in and was shooting a few stalls down from me seemed to be having a lot of trouble with a Sig P226. It was jamming every two rounds that he fired, locking up bad. He was having to force the slide open, rechamber, fire, and then it would jam up again. I asked him if he was shooting reloads of unknown origin, he said no just 9mm that he picked up from his buddy's house. The P226 was a really rough example of an old West German folded slide model.

When I looked down, I saw that all 5 or 6 magazines that he had loaded on the table were full of "9mm" alright...……9mm Makarov. I explained to him that it wasn't the same, and that it probably wasn't best to continue on in that manner. He was at least hitting the target he had put up pretty consistently though. I helped him unload a final live round jammed in the gun by resting the rear sight against the bench and smacking the back of the grip with my palm forcefully, which quickly removed an old Tula steel case 9x18 from that poor Sig's chamber.

He kinda left the range hastily after that, seemed like a good dude though. Honest mistake I suppose. At least he was close....

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Kudos to you for helping the guy out. Of all the mistakes I've made in my 45+ years of shooting I haven't used the wrong ammo....yet.

·
Mr. Awesome
11,252 Posts
He was probably embarrassed. We all have to start somewhere. I bet he got home and did a lot of internet reading.

Reactions: BOOSTED12A

·
Just sayin'
4,641 Posts
Good job, OP. We all have to live and learn. Enjoy and be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts