close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Range Day and a Buddy's 21SF

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by redrick, Feb 13, 2010.

1. redrick

redrick

My buddy has been on a Glock buying spree lately, he just bought a 19 and a 21sf, he already has a 1st generation 17. He put a 3 1/2 lb. trigger connector in the 17 and 19. It made a big difference in the trigger pull. I would not want it in a defense situation, but really like the triggers for targets.

He doesn't shoot as good as me so he is always asking me to shoot his pistols to try them out ( which I enjoy ).

My range pistol is a DW PM9, I am more accurate with it than any of my other pistol, except maybe my 686. I shoot it better than his 17 or 19, but I contribute it to me being use to my pistol not that they are not accurate.

Well today I shot his 21sf at the end of the session. We had already shot his 17, 19 and my Kahr P9, I didn't bring the DW today, didn't feel like cleaning 2 pistols today.

His 21sf surprised me and him with how accurate I was with it. I thought that I was good with my 9's, but I have never shot a pistol better than this one.

After we finished shooting it, I pulled the slide off to check for trigger bar wear, there was no wear at all and the pistol was flawless. I was very impressed with my buddy's Glock 21sf and a little frustrated that I paid so much money for my TRP.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  2. DarwinOSX

DarwinOSX

Glock 45's have always been very accurate. The conjecture is that the barrel is fatter and sits more securely in the slide/receiver. I shoot the 21SF as well as my high dollar 1911's that cost four times more.

3. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I noticed the same uncanny accuracy with my G30, but I keep trying to match it with various 9mm's.

4. John Dorsey

John Dorsey John Dorsey

it was also therorized the twist rate makes it better. something like 8 lands and grooves. its an octo while the other models are hectos.

anyone else heard this or remember reading about it

John

5. Larry V

Larry V

My 21 SF and 30 SF are almost as accurate as my Sig P229 and P220.For the money , the 21 SF is one of the best 45's made!!!