close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Range Bag selection

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by mleeber, Nov 5, 2003.

1. mleeber

mleeber

I am looking at different brands of range bags. The Green Mountain and i-Shot have been reccomended and I have seen others on the web. I would like a bag that has padded extenal pockets and room for at least 2 guns with a preference for 4 guns. It must have plenty of mag slots and have room in the center for ammo. I prefer a hard bottom so that the bag maintains its shape even when loaded. The Green Mountain is nice but very pricey. The i-Shot tournament bag looks like it might do the trick. And then there is the Glock bag which I have not really had a good look at because the web sites done have too many pictures. Are there other bags that I should consider before buying one? Where is the best place to get them? I noticed that i-Shot bags are selling for retail wherever I look; is there a cheaper source?

Thanks!
    Mark

2. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

3. mzenzer

mzenzer Argus-eyed

4. DRG

DRG Extractor

i-shot.

great bags .... great value

;f

5. phlash

phlash

I found one at Wally-World. It is not the perfect bag, but does the job.
    Look in the sporting goods area - Mine has the hard bottom, zippered/velcro top, extra pouches, and came with 2 gun 'folders' (for lack of a better term) which have velcro closures.

It aint the perfect bag, but for $20 works well enough to hold my 4 guns, ammo, eye/hearing protection, etc....

6. KB4IFS

KB4IFS MOLON LABE

Got mine a Wally-World. For $20.00, buy two. One for the guns and clips, the other for ammo ect. Yeah I know its cumbersome but you'll save money, have alot of space, and to others look like your really serious.

7. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

Mark,

Have had Grn. Mtn's. "Original" bag for ca. 5 yrs.
    Agree it costs significantly more but it has proven to be a Superb bag in use.
    There are 3 padded,integral pistol pouches. It's proven stiff enough in use with lots of ammo in it that it does not need a hard bottom.

Have had a Dillon bag, and although it's a good value for the $, it's not in the same class as the GM. THe Glock bag is a "Pass", IMO.

Have seen a friend's smaller I-Shot bag {the $50 one} and was very impressed with it. It's well made and he's quite pleased with it.

8. Traumadoc

Traumadoc

I just got the i-shot tournament bag....it has everything you described and more pockets, and more space than you'll likely need. It is a great bag.

9. mleeber

mleeber

Thanks for all the feedback! I think the i-shot tournament bag is the way I am going, the price is middle of the road and it looks like a great bag. My first hope is that if I don't win a Glock in tomorrow's drawing that I win one of the bags. However I would certainly not scoff at one of each! If I am not the lucky recipient of a prize tomorrow I guess I will have to buy one....

10. i-SHOT

i-SHOT

mzenzer, DRG, TrumanDoc,

Guys, as always, thanks a mil for the plug :)

11. Carlitos

Carlitos

You will be very pleased with the i-Shot bag! I have had mine for about a year & am very very satisfied w/ a great product & outstanding manufacturer support.