Glock Talk banner

Range Ammo for G4 19?

1923 Views 39 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  Bruce M
What Range Ammo shoots well out of a Glock 19 Gen 4
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· M62/76
14,804 Posts
Any of it. I regularly shoot Freedom Munitions remanufactured 115s and 124s among other common factory offerings from the big name companies (although the Remington-UMC range stuff is considered to be a tad on the weak side).

· Registered
15,399 Posts
I have good luck with Blazer Brass. Less with Federal Champion, seems weak.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any of it. I regularly shoot Freedom Munitions remanufactured 115s and 124s among other common factory offerings from the big name companies (although the Remington-UMC range stuff is considered to be a tad on the weak side).
Yea I'm sure most will say any of it but if some are considered weak than I would not say it shoots well.

· M62/76
14,804 Posts
Remington-UMC has shot well for me over the past 15 years (although I don't use it exclusively)- was just pointing out Rem-UMC is loaded a bit weaker than others, doesn't necessarily mean it's "bad"...judge for yourself. It's only range ammo.

· Registered
621 Posts
I'll agree with any of it. And yes, the federal junk from Walmart does seem weak but it shoots. I get most of my 9mm from Freedom Munitions too. I have been buying the 124 gr hp stuff, its like $10 a box if you buy 500 or 1,000 rounds at a time. Sure does knock a bowling pin down!

· Registered
69 Posts
Any round with a casing, a projectile, primer, and gun powder will work, lol.

I mostly use Winchester White Box. Has never failed or underperformed in any of my Glocks. As others have already stated, Federal does have the tendency to be "weak" but it will work in a pinch.

· Registered
1,574 Posts
Hard to go wrong with the Blazer aluminum cased fodder. Have many thousands of rounds of same through my 19s and 26.

· Philippians 4: 6-7
12,965 Posts
I have used UMC Remingtom 115gr for 10 years without any problems at all.

· Registered
871 Posts
I haven't yet fed my Gen 4 Model 19s anything they didn't eat up and spit out with aplomb. Of course, I can honestly say that about every other 9mm autoloader I own also. Even the budget stuff works in my guns and most certainly will in your gun also.

I will add the caveat that I don't use steel cased ammo at all. Just a personal choice and not meant as a slur to those who do.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I haven't yet fed my Gen 4 Model 19s anything they didn't eat up and spit out with aplomb. Of course, I can honestly say that about every other 9mm autoloader I own also. Even the budget stuff works in my guns and most certainly will in your gun also.

I will add the caveat that I don't use steel cased ammo at all. Just a personal choice and not meant as a slur to those who do.
thanks all, I've only used the Winchester white box and seeing several people use it as well I guess I'll stick with it since it's seems to be always readily in my area and other than the one brass to face haven't had any failures.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.