Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Μολὼν λαβέ
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court verdict ordering Arizona rancher Roger Barnett to pay damages of $87,000 for holding a group of undocumented immigrants at gunpoint.

link below has the facts of the case.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/09/16-illegals-sue-arizona-rancher/

I am confused. :dunno: If the were not here illegally would any of this even happened. Not saying the kicking of the woman was right, but everything else was fine by me.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
People that are here illegally should not be allowed in U.S. court.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
And if he doesn't pay, how can a non-citizen recoup any money from him?

Maybe this will be another case the Supreme Court smacks-down from the 9th circus.

·
NRA Life Member
5,384 Posts
If they are not careful, one of those ranchers will take Castle Doctrine seriously on their own property... and the body count will rise.

Still don't understand why every law abiding citizen on or around the border is being penalized or incarcerated or fined due to the ILLEGAL acts of folks not legally allowed on our soil.

Pay, pay, pay while watching dummies run up the bills...

Sounds almost like Identity Theft ...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I heard something along the lines of, ...the knucklehead rancher got on the stand and told the court that he was no longer afraid.

...there goes his self-defense claim

Time to pay.

Stupidity is expensive.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Gee, I wonder if the rancher could sue the Border Patrol for causing him all of the stress he suffers from 16 trespassers invading his property?.

From the news stories that I've heard he did nothing wrong initially but once he had them on the ground and the fear level had lowered, he allegedly kicked one of them.
Sometimes people get carried away and I think $87,000 is far too much under these circumstances. If I heard correctly, he was one of the founders of the Minutemen so perhaps this had some influence on the amount of the verdict.

·
Banned
518 Posts
This is just too funny. You got vigilante bill driving around on his 22 thousand acre ranch looking for illegals then holds them like a pack of wild pigs.

Now the illegals have sued. Man, you gotta love America.

If they were outside his window he should of shot them fools instead of driving around looking to be a hero.

·
NRA4EVR
11,697 Posts
The Constitution should be amended to extend its protections only to people who are here lawfully. As it is, I don't see where they are entitled to anything. If anyone should be getting money for having their rights violated, Barnett should be. The government knows that the illegals love to sneak across his ranch and they apparently have done little to nothing to protect him. Might he have a case for being denied equal protection?

·
NRA4EVR
11,697 Posts
This is just too funny. You got vigilante bill driving around on his 22 thousand acre ranch looking for illegals then holds them like a pack of wild pigs.

Now the illegals have sued. Man, you gotta love America.

If they were outside his window he should of shot them fools instead of driving around looking to be a hero.
Don't know where you're from, bub, but here in America we shoot wild pigs, not hold them for law enforcement officers to take them into custody. Barnett did absolutely nothing wrong.

·
10mm Auto
1,766 Posts
I hate those darn animals. Wild hogs and illegals alike.

I was born in South America but I worked my butt off to come to this country because I've always been in love with it and what it stands for. I've been to many other countries in South America, Europe and Asia but to me there is no place like the U.S of A. And that's why I like to think of it as my true home. I truly love this place.. more than some who were actually born here, sadly.

It bothers me so much to see what these animals are doing to this country. And how they get away with SO MUCH. They have no respect for anything. Most of them don't even bother learning how to drive respectfully, or how to speak at least some basic English. They just want to live here as they would in their countries while taking advantage of every easy opportunity that they find here. But what can you expect? These are not people who work hard to reach their goals. These are lazy bastards who choose to skip the entire immigration process, which takes years and a bit of money (well, not anymore since the USCIS is waiving the fees for those who can't afford to pay them), because they have no respect for anything and no dignity whatsoever. They behave like parasites and are contempt living in horrible conditions because that's what they're used to anyway. And to think that some people actually feel bad and try to defend them as if they deserved anything at all.

Try migrating illegally to Mexico and see what happens to you. Chances are you'll end up in jail at the very least.

Oh the hypocrisy.

·
Infidel
780 Posts

Maybe this will be another case the Supreme Court smacks-down from the 9th circus.
They should have NO standing in court in this country, deportation is the only interaction that should occur once identified as being in this country illegally.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts

I was born in South America but I worked my butt off to come to this country because I've always been in love with it and what it stands for. I've been to many other countries in South America, Europe and Asia but to me there is no place like the U.S of A. And that's why I like to think of it as my true home. I truly love this place.. more than some who were actually born here, sadly.

It bothers me so much to see what these animals are doing to this country. And how they get away with SO MUCH. They have no respect for anything. Most of them don't even bother learning how to drive respectfully, or how to speak at least some basic English. They just want to live here as they would in their countries while taking advantage of every easy opportunity that they find here. But what can you expect? These are not people who work hard to reach their goals. These are lazy bastards who choose to skip the entire immigration process, which takes years and a bit of money (well, not anymore since the USCIS is waiving the fees for those who can't afford to pay them), because they have no respect for anything and no dignity whatsoever. They behave like parasites and are contempt living in horrible conditions because that's what they're used to anyway. And to think that some people actually feel bad and try to defend them as if they deserved anything at all.

Try migrating illegally to Mexico and see what happens to you. Chances are you'll end up in jail at the very least.

Oh the hypocrisy.
This, and the fact they no longer want to assimilate to our culture, they want to do things just like in their own country and drag this one down in the process.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

·
Enjoying life!
839 Posts
Alright fellas; some thoughts on this, and some things you should realize.

First, the field guys in the border patrol "mostly" work their tails off to catch illegals. Trouble is, they feed 'em, water 'em, and then turn them loose at the border to try again...and again...add nausium. I know one guy who claims to have caught the same group of illegals several times in the same shift. No punishment for getting caught, so why would they go home?

Second, the BP officers that work the hardest are the ones who are rewarded the least. Yep, that's right; the less they do, the more they're rewarded, promoted, and so forth. If they make the slightest mistake, or even agressively enforce the law, they're likely to get prosecuted and/or persecuted for it.

I know Roger Barnett by sight and by reputation. I've talked with his son several times. To say that Roger isn't afraid of the illegals is likely an understatement. What he IS, is tired of them destroying his property. When enough damage is done by illegals that are never prosecuted, and are essentially "invited" to come back repeatedly 'till they get through, ranchers will eventually take the law into their own hands. The Barnett family is no exception, and they're known to be a little on the rowdy side when it comes to such things...

much like nearly every other rancher in this area. When the law fails to fix the problem, someone's gonna do it. The first to do it will usually be those the most affected, and the Barnett ranch is a major travel corridor for illegals.

So I ask you; how many of you would do nothing as hundreds of illegals crossed your property each month, leaving fecal, broken backpacks, water bottles, and trash behind as they do? Damaging your fences as they cross, washing their clothes in your water tanks, and causing such a risk of burglarizing your home that you can't leave it unattended? How many years of "law enforcement" doing nothing would it take before you decided to do something about it yourself?

I dunno about you folks, but I think Mr Barnett should be commended for his patience. This has been going on for a LOOOOOONG time, and the problem is only getting worse due to a lack of effective border security.

This is only gettin' started, fellas. A border war is entirely possible, and I truly believe that the feds want it to happen for their agenda, whatever it may be.

Daryl

·
NRA Life Member
66,034 Posts
BY having the sheriff seize and sell his ranch to satisfy the judgment, same as anybody else.

·
NRA Life Member
66,034 Posts

The really sad thing is that the liberals supporting illegal immigrants try, every day, to claim that you are just like them and to claim that we (those opposing illegal immigration) are against all immigrants, not just illegals.

·
Semper Paratus
28,338 Posts
Backhoe and 55 gal drum of fuel oil would have solved his problem.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I continue to say it's time we establish a legal 'bounty' for any and every illegal "brought in"... in any condition.

If we need the additional labor, increase the visas. If not, close the border down any way necessary.

Try 'sneaking' into Mexico and see what happens...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.