Glock Talk banner

Rampage

659 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  fastbolt
Sporty El-Camino style with Dodge's Ram name had nothing better than a Dodge Omni under the hood. Cool when it first came out in 1982, but America doesn't like utes. And the small truck fad was already over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Values. Can't be bought.
16,204 Posts
Could you get the GLH turbo engine?
ETA, Tapatalk brought another old thread into the feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
39,741 Posts
Sporty El-Camino style with Dodge's Ram name had nothing better than a Dodge Omni under the hood. Cool when it first came out in 1982, but America doesn't like utes. And the small truck fad was already over.

I remember that one. It had come out a little after I'd left Dodge (and BMC) and entered LE. While the idea of a mini lightweight PU was appealing, the standard 2.2 I4 Omni motor Dodge used didn't seem to have the oomph of the 2.2 motor that Toyota used in their mini PU. We had a new '78 Toyota PU with Hellwig suspension, wide flared fiberglass rear fenders and solid dual rear wheels (aftermarket conversion done for a large camper at that time) for a long, long time. Eventually sold it to a friend with more than 350K on the odo, and he continued to use it on his horse ranch as a work truck. I rather doubt the Omni/Rampage would've stood up to that use/abuse.:p

Dodge didn't throw a lot of attention and effort into it, and it barely lasted 3 model years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.