Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Note what the legislator says in the article . . .

Retirement is looking better all the time.

·
Registered
23,651 Posts

Yep. Everyday we have people run from us now. Nothing we can do. Stolen vehicles we can't chase either. Suspects that do end up getting arrested state the new law as the reason they are running, some even say that their attorneys are telling them to not stop.

·
Registered
13,777 Posts

You got the time? Ain't getting any better, especially in your state. Money can be made anywhere. It only takes one bad day to lose your freedom. If you can go, why stay?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
In Seattle the most liberal city in the state, The pro police city attorney and mayoral candidates won big. Woke went too far. And we are all cheat by mail so the wins were at least Double what the numbers show. America has been awakened and she is pissed. The winner of the city attorney race is going to reverse the no prosecution policy. They went too far with this woke stuff. Federal Way is not that liberal. The main writer of that bill will be toast next year because of it.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,583 Posts
Not good for the local residents. Sooner or later the voters who enabled this insanity will see the light..or not.

In the meantime, there is no rush to catch those hooligans, just as the Democrats want. Get a Big Mac, large fries, and sip that Diet Coke while carefully contemplating the lowest risk method of enforcing the law....

·
Registered
34,004 Posts
If you've got enough time and the financial numbers line up for you, Morris, there's only an upside to retirement the day everything looks good.

Granted, looking over some articles about the new elections in Seattle, perhaps the people are beginning to realize that elections really do have consequences, and they've allowed the ultra left to run amok and damage society for long enough?

On the other hand, trending news seems to indicate it's likely that the King County Council will shift even further left as the votes are tallied ...

Longtime King County Councilmember Kathy Lambert looked likely to lose her seat, which she’d held since 2001, to nonprofit executive Sarah Perry. County Council seats are also nonpartisan, but Lambert is a Republican and Perry a Democrat.
That would shift the County Council further left, from a 6-3 Democratic majority, to 7-2.

Guess the next King County Sheriff chosen by the Council, rather than elected by the People, will assuredly be someone suitably far left enough for the Council? :p

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What we hear within rank and file deputies is the next selected Sheriff will meet what the leftist leaning council wants. Which means more will exit the sheriff's office for more effective pastures. Not one CLEO in Martin Luther King County will be elected, once Mitzi is gone in 2022 (and she is disliked already by line deputies): all are selected and serve at the political whims of their councils.

I can retire at anytime and can start drawing next Spring. The chair is against the wall and John has a long moustache.

·
Registered
34,004 Posts
What we hear within rank and file deputies is the next selected Sheriff will meet what the leftist leaning council wants. Which means more will exit the sheriff's office for more effective pastures. Not one CLEO in Martin Luther King County will be elected, once Mitzi is gone in 2022 (and she is disliked already by line deputies): all are selected and serve at the political whims of their councils.

I can retire at anytime and can start drawing next Spring. The chair is against the wall and John has a long moustache.
Will you get a COLA as part of your retirement? If so, is it linked to a specific retirement date cutoff point during the year? Have you scheduled an appointment with your retirement system to address any and all questions? Checked with your Benefits people to see if you want to roll-over or cash out the various accrued hours/days for various things? Looked at the retirement health/medical options?

Why would you have to wait until next Spring? Age/service years related?

I left at 56, and after meeting with the Retirement Board, Payroll and the helpful folks in Benefits I was able to schedule my last day so that my first retirement check arrived very soon after my last pay period check, and my additional check for the cashed out hours arrived between my last paycheck and my first retirement check, and my medical plan started receiving money from my accrued sick hours immediately (since we didn't 'own' our sick time 🤬) ... and since I'd retired before the annual cutoff date for the COLA, I got the 3% (for that year) COLA bump to my retirement check just a couple months later. :)

The only thing I'd have done differently is to have had a couple health checks done before I left. That way they'd have caught the cancer before retirement, which would've bumped up my retirement while it was being treated on workers comp time. I might have even been able to retire with a medical retirement, rather than a regular service retirement. It was eventually accepted and covered under workers comp even though it was discovered a year post-retirement (since the docs said I'd had the cancer growing for 7-8 years), but part of the settlement of the case was that my regular service retirement would remain in effect and not be converted to a medical retirement. Oh well. Not a problem in the big picture. It all worked out and I'm still alive. :)

Just make sure everything has been checked and rechecked, and all you have to do is pull the pin the day something, or somebody, rubs your fur the wrong way. ;)

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Pretty soon now...

·
Registered
23,651 Posts
I figured I would add on to the ridiculous of this state in this thread. A few nights ago a neighboring city came upon a stolen truck. Vehicle rammed two occupied cruisers (totalling them) and fled. Could not pursue due to new laws. Tonight 3 vehicles were stolen here. All were located within minutes but took off when stops were attempted. Could not pursue. They won and got to keep the stolen car for Tonight. Over half the traffic stops in our county tonight resulted in vehicles fleeing. Could not chase a single one. This is nuts.

·
NRA Life Member
69,817 Posts
I figured I would add on to the ridiculous of this state in this thread. A few nights ago a neighboring city came upon a stolen truck. Vehicle rammed two occupied cruisers (totalling them) and fled. Could not pursue due to new laws. Tonight 3 vehicles were stolen here. All were located within minutes but took off when stops were attempted. Could not pursue. They won and got to keep the stolen car for Tonight. Over half the traffic stops in our county tonight resulted in vehicles fleeing. Could not chase a single one. This is nuts.
How is ramming an occupied cruiser not a violent felony there? Here the guy would be charged with a whole list of violent felonies.

·
Registered
23,651 Posts
How is ramming an occupied cruiser not a violent felony there? Here the guy would be charged with a whole list of violent felonies.
Assault against officers is specifically not listed as being allowed to pursue.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts