Raising Our Daughter Gender Neutral - Only Wants to Wear Pink

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HalfHazzard, Sep 27, 2020.

1. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

awesome!
    I have 2 alpha boys. Sports, jobs, good grades, smart, ambitious. One is captain of the football team the other is a 16 year old college freshman

2. Emily W Trott

Emily W Trott "Gary" is now a part of my past

I'm going to start out by saying that my post that you are responding to was in response to PBCounty's account of some friend or neighbor who has a gay daughter. I made it clear in that response that I believed it was wrong for a parent to encourage a child to be something that he or she isn't. So if the child isn't gay then the parent is dead wrong. On the other hand, the parent(s) would be wrong to not encourage the child to be him or herself if he or she actually is gay.

I agree with you that adults have a lot more experience and knowledge that helps when they make decisions, like the one that I made to transition. The decision I made was based upon the knowledge of who I really am, that I had carried with me since I was nine or ten. The idea that a child could not realize this is ridiculous, with the experiences of myself and many other transgender men and women to prove it. We knew at very early ages.

That is not to say I believe if a child says he or she is a girl or boy that the parents should jump right in and and start treating the child as such. At that point a mental health professional should be brought in to determine whether or not the child is actually what he or she says they are. I firmly believe that the people to make this decision are the parents, who love and only want the best for their child, with the advice of a mental health professional. It should not be left up to people who are pushing their own agendas and have no emotional connection at all to the child.

Yes, there are parents who may not be looking out for the child's interests but they are going to be few and far between. The mental health professionals should also make an evaluation of them to weed out the ones trying to send some sort of message through their child. They are definitely abusing their children to force the child to be anyone but who he or she is.

Stay safe, Emily :)

3. Squid1

Squid1

WHY would you raise a female to be “gender neutral?” There are a remarkable number of advantages to both male and female! WHY rob or even confuse your daughter about her sex and deprive her of those “female” advantages in society. Just note two if the most visible scenarios where women trumped men (heh): Democratic VP and SCOTUS choice. Men currently have massive advantages over women if only because guys have accepted more responsibilities than women for hundreds of years but happily and fairly there’s an equal opportunity for women in progress. Give the girl a chance to use her female advantages and don’t cripple or confuse her.

4. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

This stuff is nothing more than a gender version of munchausen syndrome by proxy.

faceplant and LinuxLover like this.