Raising Our Daughter Gender Neutral - Only Wants to Wear Pink

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HalfHazzard, Sep 27, 2020.

1. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    Mentally ill parents, creating mentally ill future adults.

2. WVWoods

WVWoods

Proud of my daughters. Beautiful blonde athletic. Preferred jeans and Tshirt. Spent many hours turning wrenches with me in the shop. We shot competitively. We raced, on dirt ovals, all three of us drove and finished in or near the front. Can and do dress up with full makeup. both knockouts. Both can and will put you on your ass if all else fails. Had to work at not intimidating their boyfriends.
    Fun times, really lucky

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  3. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

Yep. All the participation medals from the past 30 years are now coming home to roost in our big cities.

4. -JCN-

-JCN-

I thought the Slate response was very nicely balanced and hopefully the parents will take it to heart.

Emily W Trott likes this.
  5. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

Is this some kind of joke? Seriously. Is this real?

6. Gokyo

Gokyo

It reads like an onion or Babylon bee article.

Parents be crazy.

oldengineer, n2g, Boundertom and 3 others like this.
  7. Z71bill

Z71bill

In several states - parents now have a third option to choose from when selecting the gender of their new born baby. They can choose X and then let the baby decide what gender they are when they are older.

So the old method of deterring a baby's sex (not the same as gender now) was not good enough - take something as simple as this and turn it into a BFD.

I mean over the course of all human history when a baby was born one of the first things said was - its a boy or its a girl! There was never any - well gee - I can't tell what this is - so we better wait until they are older and try and figure it out.

I can accept a small number of folks that look like boys but feel like girls or vise versa - but we are putting way to much focus on something that doesn't deserve it considering the very small number of people that will end up with this situation.

Caver 60, n2g, pgg00 and 1 other person like this.
  8. CAcop

CAcop

We have two daughters. We only ask them to not wear dresses if they are going to get dirty or get them tangled up while playing. People like buying pretty clothes for girls. We know a few people with only boys and they don't get clothes as toys.

One was in gymnastics and one was in taekwondo pre covid. Now they are both doing it online. I'm happy because they are going to be able to knock someone's dick in the dirt if needed.

9. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

She's 3 why are they over thinking it

TxDave, kiole, Gray Dood and 3 others like this.
  10. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I wear pants.. no skirt. I am a man and a father. Back in the late 50's a doctor figured out my sex parts and gender when I was born.. dont think they got it wrong. My daughter is 27..she likes being a woman.. all is good.

larry_minn, Caver 60, n2g and 2 others like this.
  11. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

So basically, they let her "choose" her gender and now they are disappointed that she "chose" to be a girl.

Jesus help us.

These parents say they want their child to be who they really are, but they don't truly mean it. They want her to be who they want her to be. Which is apparently, a confused tranny.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Willard, ScarFace88, Caver 60 and 6 others like this.
  12. CladderPup

CladderPup

This is a middle ground fallacy. Just because you can come up with a middle ground does not mean that it is always the correct answer. The truth here is that raising children to be gender neutral or encouraging them to cross-dress or be interested in the same sex is such a disservice to their impressionable minds that it amounts to child abuse. It's setting them up to have dysfunctional romantic relationships, to experiment with (legal, but destructive to their bodies) hormonal drugs, to reject traditional values and to generally be delayed in their ability to get a head start on having a family of their own because they will have to address all the accumulated childhood trauma first.

There are reasons that human society has lasted for as long as it has with a traditional 2-gender, heterosexual family structure. It's because it works. Post-modernism, critical gender theory, gay marriage, feminism, national debt, departure from the gold standard, unfunded social programs, importation of third-world immigrants to fill jobs that natives could do and all the other things that women like to vote for--these do not result in a continuation of human society; they result in low birth rates, depression, suicide epidemics, social strife and general levels of depravity far exceeding those of Weimar Germany.

13. CAcop

CAcop

This is what passes me off about the left. They don't really want choice. They want you to choose their choice.

sombunya, pAZ Ron, SRS and 8 others like this.
  14. reniram

reniram

They need to teach me how to do this :cheers:

Emily W Trott likes this.
  15. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

I have three daughters. When they were younger, we'd mostly buy them the same clothes, toys, whatever. Not for conformity, but because if we didn't, we'd always hear, "But why did she get that, and I got this?" Jealousy, yadda yadda.

But as they got/get older, they determine they're own style. Two of them lean more girly-girly, the other leans more tomboy. I don't have a problem with it either way.

I got the two older ones swiss army pocket knives. I got a pink clear one and a purple one. Basically because those were the ones I liked. Then gave them to them at random. "pick a hand".

Of course, the one that got the purple said she really wanted pink camo instead.

I can't win.

16. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

Slate is owned by Graham Holdings Company... used to be Washington Post Co. Also owned Newsweek.

Recent annual revenue of $2.58 Billion.

"Graham Holdings Company (formerly The Washington Post Company) is a diversified American conglomerate holding company. Headquartered in Arlington County, Virginia, and incorporated in Delaware,[2] it was formerly the owner of The Washington Post newspaper and Newsweek magazine.

Its current holdings include the digital marketing company SocialCode, the online magazine Slate, Graham Media Group (formerly Post-Newsweek Stations), a group of seven television stations, higher education company Kaplan, and the now closed Trove (formerly WaPo Labs)—the developers of a news reader app. Graham Holdings Company also owned cable television and internet service provider Cable One until it was spun off in 2015."

17. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

Dear Slate,

"I'm so effed up that I'm using terms like non binary and gender roles with a 3 year old..."

Sheez.

We're freaking doomed.

Eddy Current and n2g like this.
  18. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

So the gist of it is that the three year old is smarter than her parents (certainly than her apparently useless 'father', who's apparently more upset than her mom that the kid wants to be a girl).

-Pat

n2g likes this.
  19. Colt38SuperDude

Colt38SuperDude

Let the parents be stupid. It just means less competition in the world for my kids when they become adults.

hamburger flippers gotta come from somewhere.