close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Raising My Son Right!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Wulfenite, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

He's 7 and we were talking about the lottery. He had heard the story about that big winner last week and he noticed the scratcher vending maching at the market.

So I got a couple tickets (we didnt win) and so we talked about how they make money and most of the time you loose. He was reading his ticket though and saw where you could win 10 million dollars. And he says "Wow, dad if we did win 10 million dollars we could buy a Jet, cause a Jet would only cost a couple million."

2. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

Yep...
    In 2002, Cessna launched the Mustang, with certification scheduled for 2006. At $2.3 million, the Mustang is the lowest cost business jet yet offered by any of the five big manufacturers.

3. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

;!

Hey Wulf this is off subject but your boy reminded me of my friend's boys.

The way I met my neighbor (now a best friend) is because I fly RC airplanes from my front yard. The kids stopped to watch.

I began teaching the boys and their dad to fly RC.
    The younger boy was 6.
    I called him my Kamikaze pilot.
    I had torn my shoulder and and couldn't hardly move my left arm and he always gave me a workout.

Anyhow, that's a great hobby for Dads and their boys that are interested in airplanes.:)

4. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

We've done a little RC stuff; we've got a Slo-Stick. He has a little trouble with it cause it doesnt have an enough power to climb easily after the first couple dozen seconds of a charge so you have to fly it right on the edge of stall for most of the flight. I need to up grade the power supply.

BTW he did say when he wins the lotto and gets the jet he'll let me fly it; so I 've got that going for me. ;)

I still just think its funny that when he thought about having 10 mill the first thing throught to get was a Jet.

5. STYX

STYX

You pick up an Eclipse for 1.2 million ->

http://www.eclipseaviation.com/

They are also hiring test pilots. Anyone have 7 years experience as a part 23 pilot?

Slo-sticks are excellent! I picked up a Zagi XS a few months ago, whenever I have free time it's either dark or tooooooo windy = no flying. :/