Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part of my exercise is a walking course, up and down hill. I was off doing walking for a couple of months while dealing with a walking problem. When I resumed, I conditioned to three circuits a day.

When able, I switched to wearing a pair of current, light weight boots and wore them.

45 years ago, I bought a pair of Raichle mountain climbing boots (renamed Mammut as of 2009) in Switzerland. I stopped wearing them 44 years ago and packed them away. Out they came three days ago. Heavy almost beyond belief. Probably indestructible. When worn all day, you are exercising all day.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
I had to google Raichle mountain climbing boots. They certainly look heavy and clunky.

Nowadays, I've been moving toward the absolute lightest and least support that I can find. That works a lot better for me. I switched to Xero zero-drop "barefoot" shoes about a year ago. It was like I got 10-15 years younger, with no knee pain.

·
Registered
12,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just sent an email to Xero with my sizes in Brooks Beast and Hoka 12 4e.

I stopped buying garbage low priced shoes a few months ago. I was wearing out the cheapies too fast. Those shoes are extremely well built but not for running at all. Thanks for the lead

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
I just sent an email to Xero with my sizes in Brooks Beast and Hoka 12 4e.

I stopped buying garbage low priced shoes a few months ago. I was wearing out the cheapies too fast. Those shoes are extremely well built but not for running at all. Thanks for the lead
I hope the xeroes work well for you. They are spreading through our house.

A year ago, one of my main training concerns was knee pain. I got my xeroes at about my 49th birthday. That was a year ago. I have very little knee pain at this point. I do a huge volume of bodyweight squats, burpees, and jump rope. I thought that part of my life was over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts