Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered from Rafter Gun Leather? If so did you receive your order and how was the quality?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Rafter S = "Danger Will Robinson!!!"

In the past -- I stress IN THE PAST -- they have provided a quality product at a good price. Recently though, they've been a nightmare of stalling and lying to customers and non-delivery of product. There have been several threads over at the defensivecarry board, each with a half dozen disgusted customers.

Because they shined you on with an unrealistic delivery date, you order, and they charge your CC that microsecond. Then months pass by and no delivery. If you call them, they will always use the "it'll ship tomorrow!" lie. But the item never arrives. In the last 2 months, I've called them maybe a half dozen times and gotten the "it'll ship tomorrow!" line each time.

It's now been 7 months since the initial order and I've initiated a charge-back through my CC company. Many other people have done the same thing. In the last 6 months, their customer service has gone right down the toilet.

Buyer beware!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

In the past -- I stress IN THE PAST -- they have provided a quality product at a good price. Recently though, they've been a nightmare of stalling and lying to customers and non-delivery of product. There have been several threads over at the defensivecarry board, each with a half dozen disgusted customers.

Because they shined you on with an unrealistic delivery date, you order, and they charge your CC that microsecond. Then months pass by and no delivery. If you call them, they will always use the "it'll ship tomorrow!" lie. But the item never arrives. In the last 2 months, I've called them maybe a half dozen times and gotten the "it'll ship tomorrow!" line each time.

It's now been 7 months since the initial order and I've initiated a charge-back through my CC company. Many other people have done the same thing. In the last 6 months, their customer service has gone right down the toilet.

Buyer beware!

So I am not the only one. I ordered a belt for my wife in Feb 27 (charged my card) and was told 5-7 weeks. Week 12 no belt. I cannot get a straight story of them. I been told will ship this week, next week, ship next day and weeks later no belt. I am calling my CC company today to try to have the $97.00 charge reversed. I wasted 12 week. This was supposed to be b-day gift for my wife.

·
Registered
27,988 Posts
So I am not the only one. I ordered a belt for my wife in Feb 27 (charged my card) and was told 5-7 weeks. Week 12 no belt. I cannot get a straight story of them. I been told will ship this week, next week, ship next day and weeks later no belt. I am calling my CC company today to try to have the $97.00 charge reversed. I wasted 12 week. This was supposed to be b-day gift for my wife.
Do yourself a favor and search here for the many happy Beltman customers. Will probably take in the 6-9 week range, but very well worth it.

Sad to hear about Rafter, I've always thought their stuff looked really nice, but never ordered anything from them.

IGF

·
Registered
916 Posts
Huh - I ordered from them and they shipped within a month or so. This was about 4-6 months ago. This was my second order from them that went well. I wonder what has changed recently?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do yourself a favor and search here for the many happy Beltman customers. Will probably take in the 6-9 week range, but very well worth it.

Sad to hear about Rafter, I've always thought their stuff looked really nice, but never ordered anything from them.

IGF
I have two Beltman belts. A hosehide and elephant and both are excellent.
I wanted something different for my wife and ordered the brown shark. I should have stayed with Beltman

·
Banned
5,099 Posts

Buyer beware!
Sound a lot like "The Beltman"

·
Banned
5,099 Posts
This is a risky time to order anything that requires manufacturing or isn't sitting on a shelf ready to ship.

Many business that are in the process of closing are continuing to take orders & money, knowing they won't deliver a product. Charging your card immediately, then constantly telling you "it will be there soon" is a red flag.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
ordered a belt from them in january 2009.

5 months later, no belt, no email replies.

crappy customer service.

crappy company.

bye bye 100 dollars.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ordered a belt from them in january 2009.

5 months later, no belt, no email replies.

crappy customer service.

crappy company.

bye bye 100 dollars.
I called my CC company on Friday to reverse my $97.00. They told me the dispute process take around 45 days. They also told that can do this as long you start the process within 180 days. You should give this a try as long as you paid by CC Good Luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can add me to the list of people that have been ripped off by Rafter S Gunleather. It's now been 17 weeks since I placed my belt order. And of course that had to be pre-paid. Which I did via Paypal. Now I'm getting the run around big time. "Della" has not answered my last two emails. And the one and only time I spoke to her by phone she gave me the "It will ship tomorrow or Monday" line. She sounded VERY nervous during that call. And I was left with the feeling that I'd been had. Thank God I used Paypal. At least these A-holes don't have my credit card number.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Rafter is a pill, for sure.

I ordered two belts, was assured it would be 30 days. 30 days and no belts. Numerous phone calls and finally got the belts 60 days after the order. Didn't fit. Didn't want to go through the hassle. Sold the belts online at a loss. Doing my part for the economy. Buy high and sell low.

Part of the problem is that the owner does the work himself. The lady who answers the phone is his wife and she has to also work in the shop. I actually met her at a gun show. They're great people. Their problem is their product is just too darned good.

I still wanted the belts. So I called her and asked if she had my size in stock. (I knew how to measure the things by now.) She said she did. I asked her if she could pull exactly what I wanted, I'd buy them.

I got them within the week. They are my favorite CCW and non CCW dress belts. They exude quality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts