Glock Talk banner

Radio antennas: show yours

1387 Views 46 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  uravan
Share yours. Looking for some ideas for fiberglas antenna mounting with minimum damage to the truck. Ram1500
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
6,086 Posts
I think the smart phone has replaced most all of it. The CB is full of garbage. My experience (granted it was 20 years ago) with 2m and 440 was on the total other end of the spectrum. Completely stuffy and being a young adult I felt totally un welcomed. Let my license expire long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The cell phone never replaced CB for early warning and conditions. It's still quite viable here in Florida though you are correct in that you have to deal with a fair amount of idiots.
I guess the halcyon days of sharing road intel with other drivers in order to avoid bad situations up ahead, a-la Smokey and the Bandit, are pretty much over. Too bad. Over decades on the road I've avoided many predicaments, and helped others do the same.

· Banned
28,198 Posts
I guess the halcyon days of sharing road intel with other drivers in order to avoid bad situations up ahead, a-la Smokey and the Bandit, are pretty much over. Too bad. Over decades on the road I've avoided many predicaments, and helped others do the same.
Around here, no one has a radio until things start backing up. Then everyone has a radio.

• Sad
Reactions: JohnnyE

· Registered
2,174 Posts
Long gone are those days.
Cell phones are only good from one party to the other and not for everyone in the immediate region area.
Ham radio would cover immediate area if everyone was scanning the standard simplex calling freq in their car, but not enough hams on the road.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.