close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

R U a collector or a reasonable gun owner?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by brad_cwn, Jun 21, 2012.

1. brad_cwn

brad_cwn

What I am asking/saying is how many of us have a safe overflowing with guns, or how many of us own just exactly what we feel are going to need. As for me I only choose to own what I feel I need. Pistol, shotgun, M-4 just about does it for me. I use and carry the same pistol everyday, my M-4 I beat up pretty bad ain't had no troubles, and my shot gun is a Remington 870. So with that being said I'm looking into buying a new shotgun, I will probably try and sell the 870 to adjust the cost of a new shotgun, that's my gun ownership practices. How bout y'all.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. Bruce M

Bruce M

I have a couple extras.

3. BierGut

BierGut

My safe is over-stuffed.

I am a responsible, level headed, fair, sensible, law abiding gun owner with sound judgement. Which of course is makes me very reasonable.

I am not sure that your topic indicates the same can be said for you. :wavey:

4. BierGut

BierGut

You got me thinking... maybe I'll stop by the gun store today and see what's new in the cases.

: )

5. PAGunner

PAGunner

I'm too poor for an overflowing giant safe, but it's my goal to have that one day. Call me paranoid, but I don't trust politicians to not tru and strip me of my RKBA, so ya if/when I can horde guns, mags, parts & ammo I will do so. I don't knock anyone for buying guns. I don't necessarily want every gun ever made, but I would like to be at least triple redundant with platforms I use (plus extra parts, particularly those prone to breaking and plenty of extra mags).

6. fordemti

fordemti SC Medic

I wouldn't say overflowing but I have quite a few. Colt 9mm AR, MP5 clone sbr, MP5K, UMP conversion(almost done) 5.56 AR, 870, Glock 17, M&P VTAC 9mm and another AR frame waiting to be built. Planning to buy more as well. Overflowing??? Not yet!

7. jmb79

jmb79

brad cwn,

Sorry but you're an idiot if you think having many guns is not compatible with being a reasonable gun owner. I

8. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I have quite a few but they all serve their purpose: Night stand, winter carry, summer carry, bug, closet gun, deep concealment gun, range gun and competition gun. Many of these can do double duty but that wouldn't be any fun. :supergrin:

I even have a couple that do sit in the safe but they have sentimental value and can't see parting with them.

9. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Yup I need to shop for another safe. SJ 40

10. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

I tell my wife she has too many clothes. I say "If you haven't worn it in over a year, you probably don't need it."

I would say if folks have firearms they haven't fired in over a year, then they are a collector. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

11. Dave.1

Dave.1

I've always limited myself.

I used to have just revolvers, gradually went to autos and sold or traded a revolver every time I got a new auto. And, with two exceptions, I only have pistols I carry. Exceptions are two Berettas, just because I really like them.

Dave

12. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

So reasonable gun owners and collectors are two different things?

I don't have an overflowing safe, but I have more pistols than I need for self defense. (That would be one, by some people's definition, wouldn't it?) To answer the question: I own guns that I have just because I like them, so I suppose that makes me an unreasonable collector by your standards.

13. G-19

G-19

Most of mine have to serve a purpose, or they provide cannon fodder for trades to get something that serves more of a purpose.

14. dragbike

dragbike

I have a safe full of impulse buys from my lgs. The owner always seems to have a special something saved behind the counter when I come in.

15. marson3erk

marson3erk

ive had it both ways. right now i only have my Frankenstein m4, my glock 34, mossberg 500, ruger 10-22. rifle/pistol for me, shotgun for wife, and 22 for my daughter. just sold my sigma,sks,older ar15, .44 DE.(all to friends and family) im gonna stock up again, a couple pistols and shotguns.(have my heart set on a SRM 1216) i at least want a firearm for each family membe(in house)r and a couple extras for friends and family.

16. Green Mountain Boy

Green Mountain Boy

Op,
    I will stick to the practical v.s. just because line of thinking. Reasonable for me and reasonable for you will be different things no matter who we are so I will leave that alone.

Every firearm I own is to be used for something. Carry guns, hd guns, hunting guns, and teaching guns. Depending on your lifestyle one gun will not be a solution to every problem you ever have (I pray none of us ever have the need to use them).

I have one of everything I need and two of some. The second is either a spare or in use by Mrs. GMB as much as it is me. Should we need to defend our home, ourselves, or our famlies there are pleanty of tools around to do the job.

Regards, GMB

17. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Dr. House says that a lot, too.

Not sure I've gotten to the point that I need get a safe.

I don't quite have a firearm in every "crook and nanny" in the house, but I did find a gun in a place I didn't expect it last week.

:faint:

...but I am starting to get a bit paranoid about advertising how many guns I own.

18. bam1131

bam1131

Buying guns is better than buying drugs and hookers...Atleast IMO lol

19. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

:rofl:Agreed!!

20. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

It hawd out hea' fo' a pimp.

[​IMG]