close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

R series vs E series glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JimiWeaver, Aug 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JimiWeaver

JimiWeaver

I'm having the late Gen3 issues many are talking about with my pistol, RMKxxx. I've shot about 1000 rounds without issue other than brass to the head once or twice per mag. Then the other day I had a stove pipe.

[​IMG][/IMG]

It's thrown brass at my head since day one. I installed a LWD extractor within the first 200 rounds, ejection did not change.

I've called Glock explained my issue and they said a shipping label was on the way. Its been MIA for two months now.

I'm to the point of moving this gun possibly at a loss. A friend has an older Gen3 (two pin) but it's under the frame recall. I like the finish of that era gun. Much like my 27 prefix DUHxxx.

The older 19 looks hardly shot. I like the idea of no MIM parts and the fact that these guns just work.

My question is, if the frame needs to be replaced down the road will i get a newer frame and run the risk of having ejection issues again? Not to mention a lower quality locking block.

Thanks,

Jimi

2. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor

I hate to sound ignorant...what is the "R" series and the "E" series?...is one earlier than the other or are you referring to sigl vs dbl pins? or what?

3. vmann

vmann Controller

you had one stove pipe(fte) and you sent it back....wft over

4. DocWills

DocWills

5. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

OMG

not 1 FTE in 1k rounds!!!! :wow:

the pistol is obviously never trustable again, I mean it's your life we're talking about here that may be on the line with this pistol some day when a mall nearby is invaded.

I'll take this pistol off your hands for 50$ since I'm such a nice guy. :whistling:

6. Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Jeez...The OP sent it back because of all the issues and not just the SP. Are people rude, just so they can bump their post count?

7. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

AFAIK Glock will replace the frame if the rails crack or if under update.
    That said the percentage of rails that actually broke was not high.

My best guess is they would replace it with a Gen 3 frame as they can't replace it with a Gen 4 as that won't work .
    If I had the E frame and I ever had or wanted to send the gun to Glock for what ever reason,I would remove the Extractor from the slide and retain that while you send the rest back to GlockI would never part with a working machined non LCI extractor Period ! But that's just me. SJ 40

8. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

HOLY **** YOU HAD A MALFUNCTION? Whats next, a flat tire?

9. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

If I remember correctly the frame recall affected 3rd Gen E** frames only if your E frame has a 1 in front of the E it's been replaced.

Also Gen 2s are 2 Pin and Gen 3s are 3 pin. There are no 2 pin Gen 3s. The change was made to simplify manufacture as 9mm models do not need the 3rd pin.

10. larson1122

larson1122

This is incorrect. Gen 3 9mms with 2 pins are quite plentiful (see pics below). The switch from 2 pins to 3 pins happened after the switch from Gen 2 to Gen 3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. DeLo

DeLo

i feel the same. I have a gen 2.5 E series 23 and it has been flawless. i won't ever send it in without removing my non lci extractor.

12. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

+ 1 Incorrect !
    That or my 1999,G 19,2 pin,Two pin,Gen 3 is just a figment of my imagination. SJ 40

13. tacops5372

tacops5372

Before I know you said you replaced the extractor with LWD, but did you replace the load bearing spring as well? Also have you tried replacing the ejector. I replaced my son's G17 4th gen with a 40 from a gen 3. and we put it though it's paces. No more bullets to the head or week ejections. Good luck...

14. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

I stand corrected. I've never even seen a picture of one til now.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2