R/C Jets invade Tucson

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Litespeed_67, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Litespeed_67

Litespeed_67 LnL operator

I went to the Tucson Jet Rally 2007 today and found what might be the most difficult action shots ever. You need long lenses (my EOS 1DmkII hates the Tamron 2x Tele-Converter so I had to manual focus all day) and fast reflexes. I got some good action shots but mostly just take offs and one botched landing. My favorite part was getting to see all the planes up close. Here is my favorite shot from the day:

[​IMG]

This is as it came from the camera, not sure of the jpg settings but most likely default or close. I set the camera on the ground and 'hoped' I aimed it correctly.

2. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

ISO 400
    1/800
    f14

neat shot.

but, no offense buddy;), but how can you shoot digital and not know your own settings?

it's in the exif data. I pulled yours using Opanda.

btw, here's a less distracting version;

[​IMG]

3. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Unfortunately, what seems like autolevels produced a rather heavy-handed bluish cast. It tends to do that when starting from the original with warm shadows. I tried to fix the levels manually before correcting color cast. I think that gives a bit more neutral gray in the plane's sheetmetal:

[​IMG]

I like the low point of view looking up to the plane, btw.

4. Litespeed_67

Litespeed_67 LnL operator

Thanks, but the fact is you just told me what my exposure settings were, which I did in fact know. I was referring to the internal camera settings as to sharpness, color saturation etc for the image processing used to create the jpg image within the camera. I don't know them because I haven't taken time to set them and got the camera used so they may or may not be the defaults.