Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal
I know opinions will differ but as for me and my house this is my go to with the 870 and AR Pistol as backup for home protection, what’s your go to and backup?

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
So many good one out there I can pick "the best" as most these days are about equal as far as accuracy and reliability goes...so I go with what ever fits my hands the best as they are all pretty much equal now days..for you that seems a excellent choice for me it would be a bad choice lol...id pick "fit my hands" instead. That said its a awesome gun and a awesome choice.congrats!

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Lots of choices out there, what makes that one the “best?”
And for me..out of all the other awesome choices the overly fat double stack Glocks are the ONLY one ive found that doesnt fit my hands right...so for me personally even though its a great gun...id pass and go with something else equally as good..maybe the HK or Sig...or the M&P

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sounds like a formula for disaster! Yeah go ahead, 'Mr. Lone Operator' and risk getting yourself killed! Leave that light attached to the G21. For street smart EDC it's sure to help with your draw speed too!

(And don't forget about standing at the top of the stairs and racking the slide on your awesome Remington Model 870 in order to let 'um know that you're ready and waiting for them!) ;)

·
Registered
27,723 Posts
He did state best pistol - so he thinks out of all pistols the G21 is the best. That doesn't mean a long gun wouldn't be better.

My main HD pistol - in a pistol caliber is the G21 with a Streamlight -

I also have an AR pistol loaded with 30 rounds of 62 grain Gold dots -

If under attack I would rather have the AR pistol - but when I check out a bump in the night I always grab the G21.

·
Registered
14,804 Posts
If the house gun is the best, then you should carry it when you leave the house. Or if the carry gun is the best, then it should be your house gun.
[/QUOTE
There are great choices of guns for every situation and situations are different, so guns are different.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I'm very grateful that I live in places where the odds of a home invasion are practically nil. I don't recall ever hearing of a home invasion near me, thank the Lord. So, based on that reality and my ambition to achieve KISS and unclutter my life going forward (I'm 71), I opt for a clone to my G26.3 equipped with a Recover Tactical picatinny rail and an Olight Mini PL-2. Same trigger as my EDC, but with a 15-round magazine and X-Grip adapter. I can keep that piece of equipment attached to a magnet under a flat surface and always know where it's located.

I love the toggle function on the Olight (and Streamlights, for that matter), because my intention would be to dazzle an intruder, using 600 lumens with a flash that would also allow to verify whether or he (or she) is armed and requires engagement. Hopefully that will never happen, but I do practice a bit clearing my house at night with an unloaded weapon and flashing the light to make certain I don't also blind myself with bounce back from light-colored walls. (I've found it best to close my right eye for the flash, in order to preserve part of my night vision.)

1 - 20 of 155 Posts