Quit drinking?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by drdriller, Mar 3, 2010.

1. drdriller

drdriller

I was just wondering if anyone quit drinking alcohol since they started carrying? I carry always, where legal, so I just quit drinking alcohol.

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

I do not drink when I am carrying. However, I quit smoking about six years ago and that nearly stopped my drinking.
    If I had a beer I needed a cigar or I would go INSANE!

3. Jon_R

Jon_R

No but I don't drink in excess. If I am out it is one maybe two beers with a meal usually over a period of 1-1.5 hours. Maybe a couple more if I am at my home and staying put.

4. ssax

ssax

No, but I don't carry as often because I drink more. JK

I drink about 1-2 times a month if not every couple of months, but I don't carry as often anymore because I'm going to college right now (I'm 29 in 9 days, FYI). I wish I could carry in college.

5. Motown Fire

Motown Fire Everett

Nope. I just don't drink when I go to restaurants any more. That has saved me a lot of money, I never paid much attention to how much more expensive it is to order a jack and coke instead of making one at home.

6. Scott3670

Scott3670

I rarely drink whenever my wife and I go out - it's just too expensive. And I NEVER drink when I carry, period. It's just not worth the risk.

7. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

Me and the Mrs used to do some bar hopping back in the day but once the numbers started to add up and it had to be budgeted it was time to drink at home lol.

I do not drink at all when I am carrying so I do not drink in public anymore.

8. Just1More

Just1More

I've been drinking all day long and have my LCP in my pocket. If I went out, I wouldn't carry though. Someday I'm going to give it up because alcohol screws everthing up. But, not today.

9. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

I don't carry when I know I'm going to be drinking, but if I'm out and end up having a beer with dinner, I don't worry about it. I know that if I'm carrying, I can't drink a lot (more than a beer or two), no need to quit all together though, unless it's just a personal choice.

10. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

At home. No more than 2 drinks in 8 hours. Zero drinking anywhere else.

11. GAFinch

GAFinch

For me, it's more like I started carrying when I stopped drinking.

12. Currahee

Currahee NRA Member

I don't drink when I carry (except at home) so I rarely drink.

13. PAGLOCK23

PAGLOCK23 NRA Member

No drinking for me. I always have some firearm on my person when out. Don't want to risk it. If I drink 2 beers in a year that's about my limit.

14. Jack Greenwell

Jack Greenwell

I rarely if ever drink but its just a personal thing not religion, carrying, or any other reason. I just don't like alcohol. As for carry I work in a non carry friendly store and go to college I have no times that I can carry without leaving my weapon in the truck (I don't like leaving it in the truck) so I just don't carry often.

15. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

I was never really a huge drinker. When I do anymore, it is going to be at home and home only...PERIOD. Even then, it is rarely more than a couple of beers. I don't drink in public anymore and have no urge to. Bars are expensive, smell bad, takes forever sometimes to get a drink, and bring out all of the idiots that only want to start fights with everybody they "think" they can take.

Not to mention the fact that I am ALWAYS armed, and I do not want to take the risk of having to use my weapon with even one drink in my system. So yeah, I think carrying has done a lot of good for my health, wallet, and over al quality of life.

Just my $0.02.

16. BK63

BK63

Thats what I do. Only drink at home and in moderation. Cold beer on a hot day or red wine around the holidays but thats about it.

17. RBL525

RBL525

I am a recovering alcoholic. Since I have gotten into guns, it was time to quit. I didn't drink often, but when i did, it was a lot. I find it safer to just not drink since I don't have an off switch when I start. (and I do really stupid stuff when drunk), I just don't trust myself owning guns and having that first drink.

18. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

I commend you sir for knowing enough about yourself to make that type of decision. Huge Kudos to you! :wavey:

19. G36shooter

G36shooter

J ust a thought.... useing a firearm in a SD situation after consuming alcohal weather at home or out could be costly to defend in court. Right or wrong?

20. RBL525

RBL525

Thank you. It was the only right decision.