close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Quick trade value question..

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by croww, Nov 12, 2006.

1. croww

croww Eaten By Bears

Hi All,

I hope this is the right place for this. I love my Glock G36, but the more I see them the more I'm attracted to 1911s. I think it'd be nice to carry a 1911 with a Clipdraw, though I also would probably want to pick up a Ctac for it.

If I were to put a package (Glock G36, a CTAC holster, 2 regular magazines and 2 magazines with the +1 finger extension, plus the Glock case and stuff it shipped with) all for trade for a 1911, do you reckon someone would take me up on it? If so, what kind of 1911 would match roughly in value? I know there are really cheap ones that I wouldn't be too interested in, like the Rock Island Armory (?), and more expensive ones that blow the G36 away both in price and value. What range should I look for, if I decide to do it?

Your help is appreciated, as always :)

2. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Just my opinion, but I would put what you have there in somewhere around the 450.00 mark as far as trade value. I would think you would be able to find someone who might trade something on the lines of a Springfield Milspec for what you have. I personally doubt you will find someone who would trade a Colt, Kimber, or Smith even up for your G36. I could be wrong though. I personally would keep the 36 as my carry gun, and save up to get a Milspec for other shooting activities. I carried a fullsize Kimber for the first two years of ccw, and now I carry the G30. Mostly for the weight difference, but also for the couple extra rounds. A fullsize 1911 with seven , or eight rounds is going to be alot heavier than your 36. Not to mention a little harder to conceal. By the way when I ended up getting my 30, there was a guy thinking about selling his LNIB 36 at one of the shows at the Roberts Center for 400.00, but he couldn't make up his mind if he wanted to sell and I had to go so I bought the 30 NIB. Good luck with whatever you decide on doing.