GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if quick release back up iron sights exist for an AR? I have an AR that uses several different optics (all on quick release mounts). One of the optics (a IR scope) does not allow the use of iron sights and would like to be able to pull them off quickly and without fuss when installing the IR scope. I’m looking for high quality ones that will return to zero obviously. Any recommendations? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Private side
11,390 Posts
Quicker than the magpul version?

Reactions: Joshhtn

·
Private side
11,390 Posts
My magpul sights have a big slot for a flathead. Perhaps it’s quicker to just change uppers?

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
I use Troy HK style 45 degree irons on one rifle. no need to install or remove. I my little mind an allen wrench would allow you to pull them off quickly.

·
Private side
11,390 Posts
I use Troy HK style 45 degree irons on one rifle. no need to install or remove. I my little mind an allen wrench would allow you to pull them off quickly.
That might fly in NM... I don’t think they allow Allen wrenches in Bay Minette.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
That might fly in NM... I don’t think they allow Allen wrenches in Bay Minette.
Then I'm in a lot of trouble, I keep all mine in Bay Minette and NM ends a week from today.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, think this is the way I’m going to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts