Glock Talk banner

43x or 48

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
It's a toss-up. 48's advantage: Longer barrel, more weight in front for recoil absorption. Longer sight picture. 43x's advantage. Easier to carry IWB for some. Partial equalizer: A TLR-6 softens the felt recoil. With the right replacement sights you can lengthen the sight picture of the 43x.

I'm 5'9" and would not like the extra inch of a 48 stuck down the front of my pants in AIWB. Seated would be really uncomfortable. 43x is just short enough for me but long enough to do the job. However some folks feel that the 48 prevents "flop" (something I've not experienced with a 43x). Most folks who have shot both find there is little difference between the two in terms of accuracy and shot placement. But again, a naked 48, again, will reduce felt recoil. With S15 mags the 48 could be a great alternative to a G19.

·
23,078 Posts
The barrel length of the G48 is 4.17". The barrel length of the G43x is 3.41. That's just a hair over a half of an inch which makes no difference in velocity since there is only at the most a 50 fps difference per INCH of barrel length in velocity and little or no difference in sight radius since many people shoot a g26 as accurately as a G19 or even a G17.

But there is a greater difference in concealability with the shorter barrel and slide, and for me, the way the shorter barreled gun better balances in the hands, having shot both guns, and preferring the 43x to the G48.

I also like the short slide long grip configuration of the G45 and G19x after shooting a G19x. Most people have a pre-conceived idea that the long grip/short slide is the opposite of what should be until they actually shoot a G45 or G43x and find out how well those guns actually shoot and balance in the hands.

·
Registered
10,766 Posts
43X

Given what they both are, CCW options, it only makes sense to go with a shorter barrel IMO. I've carried both AIWB and find the 43X more comfortable overall. That said, I still bought 3 - two 48s and a 43X.

·
G43 Fanboy
3,015 Posts
I voted G48 due to their grip length and because I already have two G43s, so I can also get a “G43X” by swapping the slide on the G48. :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, now for me and op why that and not 43 or 26 or 19? Briefly
Have a 43. I love it. I shoot it well. I’ve always claimed that the lack of capacity doesn’t bother me, but that might just be whistling in the dark. Always concealed- strong side at 4:00, spare mag in a SnagMag on the weak side. So, start with a 43 and make it better.

26 is great- for some reason I don’t shoot it well. I love my 30s for when bigger isn’t a problem, so I’m asking about the little ones. (Does that make sense?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
in the last 6-8 months I've had a 43-48-43X-43X MOS....guess which one I've kept

Wood Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory

so small it hides itself and with Shield 15 rounders, a real game changer for me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.