close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

quick ? on prize certificates

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MajorD, Sep 17, 2011.

1. MajorD

MajorD

Been patiently waiting for my awards to arrive from the gssf of fulton back in july. When the certificates are sent are they sent by regular or certified mail? got a card in my mail today to pick up a certified letter at the post office- wondering if that might be it!:embarassed:

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Mine have always come by regular mail. Do they have your SSAN?

Don

3. rabump199

rabump199

Pretty much anything certified is never good. :cool: Anyway, I too was at Fulton and got a prize but have not received it yet, so I called the GSSF this past Wednesday and spoke to a very nice lady who said due to them being swamped with an increase in membership the prizes are delayed because they have only 5-6 people working. She said until Conyers was over and things settled to hang tight and call back if I didn't receive prize by end of September.

4. VOLGRAD

VOLGRAD

Mine have come regular mail.

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

I sent my prize cert back with a request for a 4th gen g22. Sent it in in early June. Called earlier this week and was told the 4h gen prizes were being delayed due to parts shortages.

6. Jason L

Jason L

I got a letter this week from GSSF instructing me to send my SS #, and I had to file a 1099 for my winnings.....I thought this was supposed to be fun:wow: and now the Government is involved......:whistling:

7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

To solve that problem, shoot slower:tongueout:

8. MajorD

MajorD

thanks for the responses. 1 guy I shoot with got his certificate last saturday (9/10) but so far I have not seen anything. I have won prizes before so I imagine they have my SSN. Hope to see the "golden envelope" soon!.
    the guy who said nothing good every comes registered mail- my "20 year letter" from the military stating I was eligible for retirement came that way, and recently a free voucher for airline tickets so good things can come certified.

9. SARDG

SARDG

I was wondering if they 'file' your SSN or not, but apparently they do NOT file your FFL's info as they appear to want a new, originally signed copy of the FFL - each time.

BTW, thanks for your extended service. I could only hack 4 years in the Navy - but then kinda missed it and joined the Coast Guard Aux. In retrospect, waiting around for that '20 Year' letter may have been a good idea.