close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Quick NOOB question...on 9MM ammo from wal-mart

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by YearZero, Mar 12, 2010.

1. YearZero

YearZero

I found some 9mm ammo in wal-mart. Federal and Remington. one box was 50ct for $9.47 the other was 50ct for 11.47. I bought three boxes of each as that's all they would sell me.

Upon looking at them, one is slightly longer than the other. (or shorter than the other depending on how you look at it...lol)

Both boxes are labeled as "9mm Luger" so I assume either one is correct right? I just want to be sure it will work in my G19. Is one too long and wrong kind of ammo or it that just one is simply made shorter than what its supposed to be?

I am not in my home town (in a hotel for the night) and Id like to go back in the morning to buy more as the Wall-marts in my home town never have any in stock.

Thanks..

2. Coltlover

Coltlover

Federal works fine in my G-19 & G-17 (both Gen 3's). I've never seen the Rem. @ my WW.

3. liljojo4711

liljojo4711

should be fine as long as they are marked 9mm. its just cheap ammo, not as consistent as more expensive brands.

4. YearZero

YearZero

Thanks....I realize it wont be made as good as the more expensive stuff but the difference is like 3/8 of an inch. I'm not at home now so I don't have my calipers to check it. Just want to make sure it wont jam up or cause any problems.

5. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

"9mm Luger" is the right ammo for your Glock 19. The overall length of the cartridge may vary a bit between different brands and different bullets, that's normal.

6. YearZero

YearZero

Thanks everyone....by the way....this is the wall mart in Jacksonville Mandarin area. Looks like they had like two cases of the Federal brand.

7. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

:shocked: 3/8" difference? That sound wrong to me. Do the actual cartridges (and not just the boxes) say "9mm Luger"?

8. MonsterB

MonsterB

You will get some differences in length of bullits depending on size of the bullit heads and loading but 3/8" is defnitely a bit crazy....that may be a typo....if not I would definitely check out the markings on the casings....I have bought thousands of each of those kinds of ammo and never had a single failure with either one but never was there 3/8" difference in bullit length either....

9. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

What weight bullet? 115 gr? 124 gr? 147 gr? The profiles will be different - although 3/8in. is a pretty large difference.

10. swissarmyca

swissarmyca

11. bw77

bw77

Is one round nose and the other flat point?

I think you might be overrtating the size difference. 3/8 of an inch is like half the length of the entire cartridge in 9mm..

12. YearZero

YearZero

Sorry, It was late, had a long day and I'm fighting a cold....lol

I meant 3/16 of an inch.

13. MonsterB

MonsterB

3/16 is more like it, nothing to worry about....have fun shooting