Quick Gen 4 Backstrap Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Lowcountry_Glocker, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

Hey yall,
    I was curious about the backstraps on the Gen 4's. I have a 22, that when given to me, had the Medium backstrap on it. Fooling around this morning, I took it off, and found I like the grip much better without it.

I am wondering if there is a smaller pin that comes with the gun that goes in that now empty hole? And also, is NOT having that pin in there something that affects the firearms performance in any way? Other than looking a little silly? It would appear to me at face value that it would not affect it in any way.

Pic to show what I am talking about.
    LCG
    Gen4.jpg

2. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Yes, the gun comes with a shorter one and no blackstrap installed from the factory. The longer one for the back straps is attached to the back strap holder.

To elaborate, that pin is the trigger housing pin and is needed to hold stuff together. The one you need is part #1774 (the short one).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Spikes and L-2 like this.

3. L-2

L-2

The short trigger housing pin for a G22Gen4, is part number 1774, should you need to order & buy one.

4. Com 45acp

Com 45acp

If your not going to use the back straps then shorten the long pin it came with.

5. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

Thank you all for the replies. This is my issued duty gun so I will go by tomorrow and see if they have the short pin I need. Wanted to double check before carrying it in this fashion.
    Thanks again :)

boilergonzo likes this.
  6. Noponer

Noponer

If you have the other backstraps & holder.... check out the holder - the short pin is supposed to be snapped into the side of the holder.

7. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

That's prolly where it is. It's where mine are as I have the 'M' on my 34's and 35's.

8. Noponer

Noponer

To clarify... the guns come with no backstraps, the short pin in the gun & the long pin snapped into the backstrap holder.

If the longer pin was in the gun when you got it, the short one should have been stored in the holder slot.

rock_castle likes this.
  9. GW06

GW06

The short pin is easy to overlook. It is the same length as the back strap holder. I had my 19X for a year before I found the short pin. I have been described as “not observant”.

Frank in Phoenix

10. ViperR

ViperR

Got to have that pin installed because it holds critical parts, like was stated above.
    But, I wouldn't cut down the longer pin because if the pistol was ever sold or you decide to put on any of the back straps (or the new owner), the only way to get the longer pin is to have to purchase the full back strap kit, since they don't sell the long pin by itself.
    The short pins are always sold by themselves and the best way to get it.

11. L-2

L-2

Fyi, only.
    Part 7416, the long trigger mechanism pin is $1 from Glock; Glock will charge $5 for shipping for orders less than $50; and charge sales tax on the total order amount including the shipping costs (even if one's state doesn't normally charge sales tax on shipping charges; it's the Glock way!)

I also suspect this is one of the few parts Glock will sell to a person who isn't a Certified Glock Armorer.

12. Com 45acp

Com 45acp

Cut the long pin down and be done with it until you can get another.

13. Chowser

Chowser

Your department should have it.
    If you can’t get one send me your address. I will just grab one out of my parts bin and send it to you. Don’t mess around with your duty gun. Make sure it works right. Especially nowadays.

watch your back out there

Lowcountry_Glocker likes this.