Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going through my picture files working on updating my spreadsheet of known variants. Whenever I have a few spare minutes I like googling "rare Glocks" and seeing what I find. So I'm posting these pics because they're not readily identifiable or they are variations that I haven't seen discussed before.
The first is clearly a Gen 2 19 but is marked 9x21 instead of 9x19. I know they've made this caliber, but just wondering if we know what gens and models it's been made in.
01C037B5-18D1-4CC0-A0A0-E8084FA67E78.jpeg

The second pic is an orange gen 3 frame but the slides are not on it so that's really all I can tell about it. I would speculate it's a 17 based on the size and the bend in the ejection but I've never seen anything but orange mags and mag plates before.
EE296BD3-A792-4C6A-8083-621CC692ADCB.jpeg

My third pic for your perusal could just be a mix-up on an auction listing, but check out the label. It says it's a 17T, but with a PJ serial number. Red frames should've just been "R" or "P" models so I'd guess it was a non-matching box with this listing except for the serial number being correct for an "R."
C7D810A4-B20E-42E4-9519-1EF0925FC1FD.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I'm going through my picture files working on updating my spreadsheet of known variants. Whenever I have a few spare minutes I like googling "rare Glocks" and seeing what I find. So I'm posting these pics because they're not readily identifiable or they are variations that I haven't seen discussed before.
The first is clearly a Gen 2 19 but is marked 9x21 instead of 9x19. I know they've made this caliber, but just wondering if we know what gens and models it's been made in. View attachment 756880
From what I've found, every 9x19 pistol that Glock has released since Gen 1, with the exception of the 17L and Gen 1 G19, has also been available in 9x21.
The second pic is an orange gen 3 frame but the slides are not on it so that's really all I can tell about it. I would speculate it's a 17 based on the size and the bend in the ejection but I've never seen anything but orange mags and mag plates before. View attachment 756882
I seem to recall reading somewhere where someone had one of those, and it was an internal thing. Glock employee or something.
My third pic for your perusal could just be a mix-up on an auction listing, but check out the label. It says it's a 17T, but with a PJ serial number. Red frames should've just been "R" or "P" models so I'd guess it was a non-matching box with this listing except for the serial number being correct for an "R." View attachment 756890
Label made on a Friday :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
The orange frame looks spray painted, look at the metal frame rails. They look painted also. Plus a few minor wear points along the polymer you can see little bits of black showing. The serial number plate area is also painted which I believe is usually silver.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
1) Like Sniper said re: 9x21s. I've seen a pic of an AN prefix Gen 1. Wonder if it was a PB??

2) Painted.

3) Guessing mismatched box/gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts