GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
So what if Dillon's backorder delay is 3 months. Three months from now it is likely to be 6 months. This thing isn't going to resolve itself as long as Biden is in office.

My crystal ball, known to be miscalibrated from time to time, suggests that this shortage stuff is just going to get worse.

I could be wrong! Want to bet?
Even if Trump wins re-election, I don't expect things to improve much before spring or summer. You may as well get in line now. It will take you three months to find primers.

·
Previously Gary Wilson
Glock 26, Glock 23, S&W K-22, Ruger 10/22, Remington 597, Howa .270, Several other hunting rifle
84 Posts
Ok, this is an update. I kept searching on the net and found a Hornady Lock n Load Progressive for about $500. So, I ordered it. I had already invested in the App Automatic Processing 1000, but figured I could just resell it with little trouble. This press is NOT a Dillon, but it's a heavy, well made press I think I'm really going to like. It came with the nice Powder measure, and I've bought some shell plates, dies, and other stuff to go with it. Now if I could just find some bullets, I could get busy!

·
Registered
35,135 Posts
Pick the right year, say, late 2020, and you can sell the equipment for more than you paid and people will be happy to pay the freight!

The prices on eBay get completely unreasonable during times of limited availability. Capitalism at work!
My first progressive was a 550, updated later to,a 550B for free. I paid $250 new from dillon. 15y later Sold it to a buddy that wanted to start loading for the same $250. I had two & wanted a 650. Yeah right now i could probably sell my gear for well more than double what I paid but no, my kids can deal with it when I die.

Reactions: SARDG and Lagamor

·
Registered
35,135 Posts
You don't know how much time I have spent scouring the internet trying to fine ANY press (besides a Dillon). I took a look at the site where I finally found this one this morning and they are "sold out" so I got the last one. Yes, I don't think I would pick this one if the possibilities were endless....but they aren't.
I would just keep an eye open & wait but I know better.

·
Registered
35,135 Posts
Ok, this is an update. I kept searching on the net and found a Hornady Lock n Load Progressive for about $500. So, I ordered it. I had already invested in the App Automatic Processing 1000, but figured I could just resell it with little trouble. This press is NOT a Dillon, but it's a heavy, well made press I think I'm really going to like. It came with the nice Powder measure, and I've bought some shell plates, dies, and other stuff to go with it. Now if I could just find some bullets, I could get busy!
I like the lnl, its actually easier to run without case feeder than a 650/750. It is way better than a Lee imo.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts