close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Questions on my G27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Spartacus100, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

As I posted earlier, i just acquired a G27 that has a serial # of BXR and, according to Glock customer services, was made July 9, 1996.

My question is what Gen is it? It has finger grooves but he front strap is smooth. It has three pins in the frame and has 40SW stamped on the slide. Also, the finish is VERY dull, not like the Gen 3 G19 i used to have. I have tried to figure it out but i keep going back and forth between a Gen 2.5 and a Gen 3. Can anyone give me clarification on it?

And secondly, being it is 16 years old but shoots great (at least it did the first time i took it out) are there any concerns with one this old? ie Recalls etc? I have no idea how many rounds could possibly have been run through it and i dont have the original RSA, only the Lasermax one. Should i do anything to it parts wise?

As always, thanks for any replies to my questions. I can post pics if needed....

2. brtarr

brtarr

I have 27 that prefixs BDL and it is a 2.5 Hope this helps

3. jv56

jv56 member

Yes it is a 2.5 gen and there are no upgrades that need to be done. Being that old maybe change the recoil spring, but other than that you are good go. The finishes did change but I like the dull finish. The only new part would be the LCI but it is not necessary. I like the 2.5 Gen Glocks. All is good with your GLock 27.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

Thanks JV. I appreciate the reply. I will be getting a new RSA for is since all i have is the LM but i also need the slide take down lever ( i guess thats what its called) but I have to have an Armorer order it for me so it will have to wait. What is the LCI? and do i need the Armorer to order it too?

5. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

LCI (Loaded Chamber Indicator) Extractor. I carry a "BSA" prefix G-22 every day, shot it and cleaned it just yesterday. A 2.5 Gen glock has finger grooves, but no checkering on the front strap. Enjoy your new toy, it is protecting you 24/7.

6. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

Yep, its definitely a 2.5 from the responses i have received. When its chambered, the LCI doesnt hardly stick out at all. i can run finger across it and barely notice its there. Should I have it replaced? Should it stick out more than it does? But yes, it is my CCW and i already trust it with my life...

7. vmann

vmann Controller

you dont have an lci, and i wouldnt worry about putting it on there either....

8. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

You shouldnt need an armorer for either of those parts. Ive bought a chrome pin set that came with the slide lock (I believe this is what you are referring to when you say "take down lever"). You should be able to find one separately from lonewolf, midway usa, glockstore, or glockparts...I recommend checking the other springs out also so you know that theyre in good shape...

9. jw38

jw38

Congrats!!! I think you hit the mother load. I love my gen 3, 27 but am always looking for the frame without the finger grips. I've Dremeled them off of my 27 and dehorned it. Enjoy.