close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Questions on Emergency Radios

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by usmcmonty, Nov 6, 2003.

1. usmcmonty

usmcmonty 100% American

2. KB4IFS

KB4IFS MOLON LABE

I am a Ham operator. I wouldn't spend the money on something such as this. Depending on what you want, a good portable radio that depends on batteries is OK. Don't have any experiance with this type of radio but it appears that too much could eventually go wrong. Unless you listen to alot of Shortwave, skip it as band conditions, the sun, ect make listening with anything other than a good radio built for that purpose usless. Just because you want to listen to something doesn't mean anything since it depends on the broadcasters inherent population that he wants to reach, time of day, band condtions, bands available, your language skills. Hope I could help. As k me anything. kb4ifs Bruce

3. usmcmonty

usmcmonty 100% American

4. KB4IFS

KB4IFS MOLON LABE

Ask yourself what do you want to listen to? AM, FM, Shortwave. Shortwave radios are expensive for good ones. If you want to listen only to US stations, AM, FM is OK. Do you speak another language? Batteries are more reliable, although you must carry spares of the required type. A small generator located in a radio is bound to break sooner or later.

5. usmcmonty

usmcmonty 100% American

6. usmcmonty

usmcmonty 100% American

7. KB4IFS

KB4IFS MOLON LABE

Check out this website for something you may need. Grove Enterprises. Deals with radio of all types. Publishes a magazine called "Monitoring Times" Check it out before purchases. Bruce