close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Questions about my first GSSF match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Apeman, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Apeman

Apeman Token White Guy

I will be shooting my 1st GSSF match in Nevada at the end of the month and have a few Questions.

I have a 35 that I will be shooting. Can I shoot in in mor than 1 catagory, or only in the competition cat.? Also what modifications can I do to it? I know that I can change the sights, but what about the guiderod and spring? Also can I put in a 4Lbs striker spring? Are you aloud to use the ghost rocket conector?

Also will I be able to use my CR Speed holster or do I need to get something else?

Any help at all would be great. Thanks

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

You start from an unholstered pistol.

When not at a firing station you keep it with the slide locked back in a holster or bag.

Fireglock correct me If I am wrong here but if your sights are not post and groove(?) and you start swapping parts you are going to start in the very deep end of the pool. And yes there sharks in that water.

I almost forgot Enjoy!

3. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Your questions will be answered there.

If you are new I will tell you that what Danny R says is right on the money. lehal

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

G35 can only be used in Competition and Unlimited Masters Class. In the U/L class you may make many modifications however the competition class is basically stock. Must use Stock guiderod and spring, sights must be Post & Notch type (No Ghostring or fiber optic). You don't need a holster because ther is no draw in GSSF you shoot starting from the low ready position. The G35 come stock with the 3.5 lb striker.

I don't know if you are classified in any other shooting discipline that would force you to be in the Unlimited Master Class in GSSF, having said that if this is your first GSSF and you are amature class you are handicapping youself with the G35 because it is not allowed in the Amature Category.

I would also suggest you review the rules and guidelines at www.gssfonline.com. There you will find most all the info you need and any you don't find there you can get answered here.