close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

question

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by jrad38, Jan 22, 2004.

1. jrad38

jrad38

Im new to glocks and im wondering how i can become involved in competive shooting sports in Texas, specificly the Houston/Galveston area ?;d

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

As far as GSSF Matches go to www.gssfonline.com to review the entire schedule. Don't know how far you want to travel but there are GSSF Matches at Shreveport, LA,in Oct, Dallas, TX in May and San Antonio, TX in Dec.

For info on other types of matches check with the local ranges in your area. I imagine there are IDPA, IPSC and Cow Boy type matches in abundance within your area. You might also check the web sites for each of the 3 shooting disciplines I listed and find a schedule within your area.

Hope this helps a little.

3. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Jrad,
    April 17-18th there will be a big uspsa style match in Friendswood Texas called the Space City Challenge. If you take a look at the www.uspsa.com website, scroll down to major matches for this year & click on that, you will find a link to the club & the match. There will be an online sign up form available soon, I think. If you get in touch with that club & get out there to shoot with them a little bit before April, you could be ready to compete. It is a really fun match with lots of interesting stages & the hosting club is one of the friendliest groups I have ever shot with, or at least they were last year. I was new to this kind of match & they treated me just as if I were someone important. They welcomed me, helped me find my way around, then gave me a cash prize when I won D open. :) You can't beat that! I highly recommend you give this match a try! If you need more info, just send me an email. MLM

4. jrad38

jrad38

Thanks for the info !

5. TXMike

TXMike

Hi Mark,

I might possibly see you in April. We settled in Sugar Land and it looks like that range may end up being the new home club. Bring the Lubbock crew if you can.

6. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

That is good news, Mike. There will be at least two of us, maybe 3. We just had 11 new guys sign up for uspsa & get classified at our club. I wonder if that is a record? LOL. We are trying to get them out to some matches so they can see how much fun they have been missing.
    See you in April! MLM