Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I'm going to get some s^*t on this one, but any common (and most uncommon) pistol cartridges are inadequate for Bear. I did have a 10MM (HKP7M10) and yes, 10MM is a good choice for an emergency but a "hard hitting" rifle cartridge is best for Bear. Trouble is, if the first shot doesn't do it, even a "Blackie" will get pissed beyond belief and more than willing to take it out on the shooter.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Obviously rifles are better overall, but with the right ammunition a 10mm would be sufficient to respond to a bear attack. Do a little research on the various higher end options available.

For that reason and the additional grip and capacity, I would want my G20 Gen 4
for such an encounter.

There should be 20's and 29's in the BL. Probably they're just sold out
at that location.

·
Director of civil unrest
13,894 Posts
Glock 20 or 29. Any going to the Glock Blue Label programs? Seem to be a bit scarce.
Is this about bear protection or just wanting a GLOCK 10mm in general?
My vote goes to the 20. Just shot mine the first time today and I really love it! I gotta get some on paper soon, all I had was some water jugs full of water to shoot at so either you hit it and saw splashing or you saw dust.
I was shooting basic S&B 180 grain ammo and even those powder-puff loads felt nice to shoot. Can't wait to shoot some of my hotties through it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts