Question: The lawn at white river concert venue

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by glock2619, Jul 3, 2007.

1. glock2619

glock2619 Work in Progres

Hi there. I was thinking of going to a concert with the wife on the 14th at this venue. Anyone have any experience going to events there? How is parking and getting out after the event? Any tips for getting there/out of there etc or where to purchase seats?

I went to one concert at Verizon 2 years ago and probably wouldn't go back because it's such a bottleneck to get out of there-miserable. Anyways, any thought are appreciated. Thanks.

2. mpholic

mpholic

I have never been to a concert at White River before but I have been to the Fireworks downtown, lighting of the Christmas tree downtown and various sporting events downtown. In every case the traffic leaving the downtown area was terrible and it took three times longer than it would normally have. That's just part of doing things downtown though in my opinion.

3. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Hi, glock, as a long time downtown visitor, I recommend parking on the streets and walking in. I usually park on Ohio or near there and hoof it in. Try to swing by there before the 14th and pick a place to park.

Good to stretch the legs and you get to walk and talk with the girlfriend.:)

4. glock2619

We're going. Great parking suggestions.

Is this venue a "designated victim zone" like Verizon appears to be? State parks appear to be ok now. I didn't know if the venue would prohibit or not. Not that an Alison Krauss & Union Station would be a rough crowd, but going to and especially from could be interesting. I can't find anything except the usual prohibited areas from the State and can't find anything on "the lawn's" website. Thanks.

5. glock2619

Going to concert tonight. With all the uplifting posts about everything else happening downtown this weekend, I really want to stick my 26 in my pocket(safely with a holster of course). Am I going to get the full body cavity search at The Lawn like they give at Verizon? Anyone?