close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question Re Indoor Matches

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TreehugginGlock, Mar 27, 2006.

1. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

I've heard there has never been any woman in the entire country to shoot a 500 at a GSSF indoor match. Is this true?

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

good question, none that i know of but it's sort of hard to follow the indoor GSSF and the scores aren't posted in the web site. even on here i only see a few ranges post the results from indoor matches. you might ask someone at GSSF, but i don'tthink they're much for keeping track of things like that

3. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

That's my goal - to be the first woman to shoot a 500 if one hasn't done it already. The best I have come up with is a 498. I've had a couple of other high ones, 494 and 496, but this is rare. Some day, though, I will do it! Even if not the "first", I still want a 500 on my resume!:rollsmiley: :rollsmiley:

4. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

Good luck Glockess56. It's my goal too, but you seem to much closer than myself. I only started shooting a couple of months ago, but a girl's got to have goals, you know.

Will you be shooting at the Cincinnati match this weekend? I just heard about it and am toying with the idea of seeing what I can do outside my own range.

5. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

No, my next match will be at Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware, Ohio, then back to New Albany Shooting Range. In May, I'll hit Springfield. For some reason, that range skipped April and is in May and June. Delaware is only about a half hour/45 minutes from my home and New Albany is about 20. Springfield is about 50 minutes. I used to go to Cincy, but I haven't lately. I like to shoot more than one round, at least four. At Target World, (Cincy) you can only shoot one gun, one time. I used to leave from work (I work 3rd) and go down there, but, the hour and a half drive with the gas prices is a little much to shoot my G17 one time. Even if I shot my G26 or G19. If you go there, I wish you good luck. Just keep going to the Indoor matches. I love them and the people I meet. It's great. Don't you just love Glocks!:rollsmiley: :rollsmiley: :rollsmiley:

6. RoyRNC

RoyRNC

Actually two women have hit the 500 at the exact same indoor match at the Bullet Hole in Monroe, NC. Dana Wright and Jennifer Starnes each shot a perfect score during the '05-'06 Nov, Dec, Jan match. Everytime I shoot at the same match as them, I know the best I can probably get is 3rd :shocked:

7. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

Rats! Guess no record book for me on that one. Oh well.

8. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Why aren't their names listed under the Perfect People section where the names are listed for those hitting 500? It goes back a few years. The only name I saw that looked like it could be a woman was someone named Chris, which could go either way. I never saw a Dana or a Jennifer. But Congrats to them if they did it, our gender is rare in hitting 500, but we keep coming back. We will do it, treehugger, we will do it!:rollsmiley: :freak:

9. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I stand to be corrected and I checked GSSFonline.com and saw Dana and Jennifer's names standing right up there. Great job gals and I wish I could meet you two. Perhaps we can meet in an outdoor match or talk to you on GT. I was wrong and stand corrected. Well, I guess I will have to shoot for the third woman to ever shoot a 500. That's respectable to be one of only three to do something? Yeah, that's cool. If treehugginGlock get there before me, then, well I'll be one of four women to shoot a 500. Who cares, I just want a 500!!!!!:alien:

10. RoyRNC

RoyRNC

Dana and Jennifer are both great competitors. I am not sure if they are on this message board, but I can find out for you if you wish to contact them. I am not sure where you are located, but I do know both of them will be shooting the last session of the indoor match on Saturday April 8th at Shooters Express in Belmont, NC (right outside of Charlotte, NC). You will also find them at the area GSSF matches, probably Anderson, SC. We lost our Statesville, NC match. Best of luck to you both. No matter if you are the first or twenty first you still get a pretty cool plaque and bragging rights. :winkie:

11. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

Congrats to both Dana and Jennifer. I love to see us gals represent. Guess Glockess56 and I can shoot for a perfect 500...plus 50 x's....that would be a trip. Of course, I would be just satisfied if I personally shot a 500 which is my real goal. (Of course, there is always the honor of being the first woman in my club to shoot a 500, but once again, I fear there is someone closer to reaching that goal before me.)

Like I mentioned before, I just started actively participating in this sport. My scores have been improving in the GSSF matches that I've been shooting in. I'm just trying to maintain my improvement rate and make sure I remain consistant. Sometimes I let the timer unnerve me, so I have to take a step back and concentrate.

Got any tips for a newby?

12. lm921

lm921 The Stampede

I assume you are shooting at sportshooters.
    you have two great shooters there that also give instructions.
    Ray and Grady
    take some lessons from both of them, they are great guys :)

13. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

Ray's been giving me some great tips these past few months. I give him all the credit for my improvement. I met Grady at one to the indoor matches. He gave me some tips. It wasn't until much later that I discovered that he is one of the top (nationally speaking) GSSF shooters. I feel very blessed at having such a talent base to pull from.

Grady did mention that he might be teaching a class this summer for beginners at the range outside of Lexington. I just might sign up for it.

14. lm921

lm921 The Stampede

they are both stand up guys :)
    I wished i lived closer to louisville or at least that the gas prices would drop so i could drive up to sportshooter.
    I really like the people. I hope to get a membership to BGSL after we close on the new house :)
    then i can take lessons from bren ;)
    P.S love the avatar :supergrin:

15. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

Thanks lm921...and of course my avatar is a true to life picture, too

:rofl: :rofl:

16. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Getting back to Dana and Jennifer, the women who shoot 500s, how many "Xs" do they shoot with their 500s? I'm just curious.:alien: :alien: