Question: Purchasing On-line

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RonATL, Feb 7, 2010.

1. RonATL

RonATL Glock Lover

Hello.
    I am a long time reader, but just now registered to GT.

I am looking to purchase my first Glock today and had a few questions about online purchasing.
    Upon searching I found the best most reliable place to but it was from glockworld.com. But after searching on this site, I am reading a bunch of mixed feelings toward most big glock sites. :shocked:
    During the checkout process it asked me to choose an FFL.

I am a bit confused on that part. What would be the average wait time if I purchased a glock online vs buying one straight up at my local gun shop.
    I could save about $35 buying it online, but that wont be worth it to me if I am going to be waiting weeks on end to have it in my hands.

I want a BNIB never been fired G26 (2.5gen/3rdgen).

2. Shima

Shima

Ron, I'm almost in your exact position, but I didn't see the bad reviews and horror stories of Glockworld.com until after I had placed my order and gave them my debit card number. Hopefully, they now have their security issues resolved, but I think when I get my G26 to my FFL, I'll go ahead and cancel my debit card anyway. It seems that most problems I read about were with parts, so maybe getting the gun won't be a problem. If I had it to do again, I probably would have spent the extra $50 bucks and bought from my local shop and not had the headache and worry of dealing with Glockworld.com. PM me and let me know how your situation works out or post an update or your outcome here.

3. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

Ed's Public Safety and Buds Gunshop are both good to deal with.You have to give them your local dealer info,so they know who and where to ship it.Most of them ship next day air, so it's a short wait.
    ETA: welcome to GT.

4. Shima

Shima

I placed my order yesterday with www.Glockworld.com and received an email today saying it was being shipped and my FFL should have it in 5-7 days, so I'm hopeful at this point. Knock on wood.

5. Nutt51

Nutt51

I have bought several guns from www.budsgunshop.com and had every
    one in about a week. They are great to do business with.

6. Melissa5

Melissa5

+1 for Buds. If I remember correctly, they have a list of FFLs that you can choose from so that you don't have to bother with sending FFL info to them. And, I had my gun in my hand 3 days after I ordered it. :supergrin:

7. KCTanfoglio

KCTanfoglio

Bud's is the best. Best price, fast ship, no shipping charges, no tax, they've got it down pat. Have almost every FFL cert copy on file.

8. G26ster

G26ster

This thread is timely :cool: I was just about to look up Buds Gun Shop for references, as they have my dealer's FFL on hand, and their prices are great. Buying a Kahr PM9.

9. dal205

dal205

I've bought two pistols through Gunbroker and sold one there myself. No problems or issues at all with the buying. Both pistols (NIB PF9 and used G36) were exactly as described and I think I saved a good bit. The G36, for instance, came with Tru Dot sites and three mags (two with +1 Pearce extensions). Even with the $20 shipping and $25 transfer fee, it was probably a $100 less than what all that would have cost new. The only drawback was it took about 10 days from auction close to getting my guns.

I do think Bud's has decent prices and an occasional great special.

I think if I ever buy a NIB Glock I'll go the GSSF route.

10. Shima

Shima

Well, I went and picked up the G26 at my FFL today. My Glockworld.com story had a happy ending. I'm still gonna close that debit card though so I don't end up having to deal with ID theft issues like others had to. All said and done, I would've rather spent the extra $50 and got it at the local shop. Oh well, live and learn.

11. Bello

Bello America/Italia

yes i agree i purchased 3 glocks and other guns from budsgunshop